MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Another Shoulder Surgery Thread

F250

No turkey hunting, spring perch or walleye fishing for me. Had to cancel a June Quebec fishing trip. Rotator Cuff surgery on March 20 : three fully torn tendons, ripped bicep, SLAP tear, and an impingement fix. Luckily it was the left shoulder. Very frustrated with the predicted long recovery period. Pain management has been easy with ice water cuff, Tramadol for the first 3 days, then over the counter stuff. Sick of this freakin sling, Gunsmoke reruns, and have already read 5 books 🤬

Well, that is what you get for either doing things wrong or letting it go for so long. You'll be glad it done and over with. I put off shoulder surgery for 22 years. Finally broke down a year ago and had a total reversed replacement. Yeah 6 weeks in the sling gets old but the shoulder is good and strong. I did fall this past November and tore either scar tissue or a little muscle. Ended up back in rehab. Watch closely how I walk and step now. Was tougher this winter since there was way too much ice and snow and really afraid of slipping and falling. I do the P.T. workout daily keeping the shoulder tight and strong.
It'll soon pass and you can get on with your life. I spent all last summer in P.T. which meant not going anywhere or doing much.

You really need to follow doctors orders and do the rehab correctly. Just remember if a little is good a lot should be better. Wrong!

Hang in there it'll slowly get better. A lot of us have been through it and we survived.

I am currently in PT for a fall which I feared resulted in a torn something.
Turned out to be a deep bone bruise in my shoulder. Normal recovery for that to the bruise being gone is 8 to 16 weeks.

I am about 9 weeks out and doing good. 3 more weeks of PT and as long as there is marked improvement I will get released for full work duty by the doctor.

Biggest fear was even though I didn't tear anything, was things easily could have been weakened substantially, and until the MRI came back with a clear diagnosis it was several weeks of unknowns. Now it's just a matter of getting the strength back in a controlled manner.

I hope all goes well. Keep it strong.

Good luck with the rehab. I just canceled a fishing trip to AK. This will be my 2nd shoulder. Darn warranty running out on my parts

No turkey hunting, spring perch or walleye fishing for me. Had to cancel a June Quebec fishing trip. Rotator Cuff surgery on March 20 : three fully torn tendons, ripped bicep, SLAP tear, and an impingement fix. Luckily it was the left shoulder. Very frustrated with the predicted long recovery period. Pain management has been easy with ice water cuff, Tramadol for the first 3 days, then over the counter stuff. Sick of this freakin sling, Gunsmoke reruns, and have already read 5 books 🤬
How has your rehab gone? I had my surgery November 8, with similar repairs to yours. Six week anniversary is this coming Wednesday, noticeable increase in range of motion, basically zero strength at this point. This is better than my first SLAP surgery in 2007, when it was six weeks before I could begin PT.

David
NM

I had a full replacement done a few years ago. I would strongly suggest that you do the physical therapy religiously. Just got my neck fused again last spring. At least when the Dr asks if I remember any injuries I can tell him about failing on my butt and jamming my neck bad. While showing our daughter one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen in ak. Where her great grandpa, Whispering Jack, settled
Hopefully the ol body will hold together for a while yet. I can say this, I've had a great time seeing some great parts of ak while wearing myself out. Hey I'll own it man

How has your rehab gone? I had my surgery November 8, with similar repairs to yours. Six week anniversary is this coming Wednesday, noticeable increase in range of motion, basically zero strength at this point. This is better than my first SLAP surgery in 2007, when it was six weeks before I could begin PT. I hit rehab hard until mid October when i had hernia surgery. I was pretty well back to normal with full range of motion and gaining strength back.

David
NM

How's the Rehab going?? Close to full strength yet?

Yes. Pretty much back to full strength despite a set back in October with a hernia surgery. I have my full range of motion.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back