Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

An uplifting post! First ever Youth Outdoors Day!

MNElkNut

My chapter of Pheasants Forever and a local conservation organization, Viking Sportsmen, decided we needed to do something to get kids off the couch and interested in outdoor activities. So we came together and put on a Youth Outdoors Activity Day. It was completely free and we did it on a large scale...we had 31 different activities for the kids to do. The activities included trap shooting, BB guns, archery, outdoor cooking, geocaching, how to bulild a fire, tomahawk throwing, trapping, orienteering, casting clinic, goose calling, dog retrieving, shoot/don't shoot course, first aid, muzzleloader shotgun, etc. We provided free tshirts and prizes for the kids (until we ran out!) and free lunch for everyone. We had no idea how many kids would come, but 542 kids, 358 adults and 125 volunteers showed up! Over 1000 people ate 1200 hot dogs! I am extremely proud of the local businesses and sporting organizations for sponsoring this and as stated, 125 volunteers came out to make this a special day for the kids. Oh, and yes, we had a OYOA DVD loop playing in the lunch area

At least for part of one day, everyone could forget about politics, the economy, the middle east, etc and focus on some of the things that make this country so great!

Here is the link to the write up in the local paper:

!http://www.echopress.com/content/all-outdoors-has-offer

http://www.echopress.com/content/all-outdoors-has-offer

Congratulations to you and all that attended. Thanks for your hard work in all our futures!

That is awesome. I bet you hooked and inspired some adults as well.

Out in Bastrop, we had an event, the Yesterfest, which had a number of activities you mentioned, rendezvous tents, flint knappers, bows and such. As an adult I was exposed to skills I did not know about previously and took a number of them up.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildfan99
Back