Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Ammoseek Question

Dougfirtree

I've noticed that the interweb is full of fake stores selling ammo and components. I've also noticed that many of us seem to be checking ammoseek pretty often, waiting for stuff to be in stock. Those of you who use Ammoseek, have you found that the fake places are showing up on the site, or is Ammoseek good at keeping the crap out?

I had one fake website show up on ammoseek, but just quickly reading the reviews for it identified that other people had already fallen victim to it so I was able to avoid it.

95% of the time I only see legit sales sites pop up on ammoseek

I bought some 9mm from “Canoe Club” that came up on Ammoseek but researched them a bit anyway myself and crossed my fingers (thought it a strange ass name for a outfit selling ammo). 10 boxes at my door three days later 🤷🏻‍♂️

I bought some 9mm from “Canoe Club” that came up on Ammoseek but researched them a bit anyway myself and crossed my fingers (thought it a strange ass name for a outfit selling ammo). 10 boxes at my door three days later 🤷🏻‍♂️

As sailors, it was a term of "endearment" we called the Navy.

I have bought some ammunition on ammoseek and it’s all been legit
except for being expensive for some ammunition and one purchase charging sales tax on a interstate transaction, all has been good.
I deal hunt when shopping on ammoseek and usually find good deals except for 6.5prc

I have bought multiple times on ammoseek with no issues at all. I have used it for 6.5cm, 300PRC, 7mm Rem Mag, etc.

There are some scammers that will pop up on ammoseek sometimes but the bigger issue is the price gouges. Not so much the kind that are asking $80 for a brick of primers but the ones that will ask 2 to 3 times that. I really wish ammoseek wouldn't give these guys a platform for this.

I never use Ammoseek directly. I use it to identify companies that sell, then verify them through independent means. Never been burned. Ammoseek doesn't really capture the nuance of some of the shipping pricing either.

Any of you encounter the spate of "ammo sellers" that were only taking Bitcoin? I assume those were all scams, as they had magical powers of pricing (~30% below everybody else, and everything they offered was "in stock"). They also disappeared soon after appearing.

I use ammoseek, but mainly for checking prices to make sure what I'm getting ready to but is priced competitively - haven't bought through them yet

I use ammoseek, but mainly for checking prices to make sure what I'm getting ready to but is priced competitively - haven't bought through them yet
How do the prices you find at ammoseek compare with what you find on your own? Occasionally I find local retailers than can beat ammoseek. Other times, especially with .22LR, I find the local guys are gouging (~2X) compared to what I can order online.

Depends on the day and caliber but I’ve done “ok” buying on Ammoseek as long as it’s not an impulse buy lol, you fo have to watch out for a shipping gouge at times though…bait n switch

How do the prices you find at ammoseek compare with what you find on your own? Occasionally I find local retailers than can beat ammoseek. Other times, especially with .22LR, I find the local guys are gouging (~2X) compared to what I can order online.

they are in line, but as you see on ammoseek, the range can get large from low to high price

I basically keep a decent selection (always have) and normally buy ammo on sale, or on used market (like when someone gets rid of a gun, or bought a case of ammo then found their gun don't like it) - I use ammoseek to make sure the "sale" or used price is actually a good deal - cause if I can get it cheaper, I will

they are in line, but as you see on ammoseek, the range can get large from low to high price

I basically keep a decent selection (always have) and normally buy ammo on sale, or on used market (like when someone gets rid of a gun, or bought a case of ammo then found their gun don't like it) - I use ammoseek to make sure the "sale" or used price is actually a good deal - cause if I can get it cheaper, I will
Good thinking. I made the decision to stock up before the COVID panic, so I have the luxury of waiting for sales. Even in my beloved .338 Federal and .308 Winchester families, I could likely go years, practice included, before running low.

I really liked the way Federal's 165-grain copper performed on my 2020 bear, but I think they got away from it and are now using someone else's bullet. Forced to try something different now.

Used it to feed the new .300 win that my 16 got.

Plenty of Norma ammo, which, has been just fine for breaking in barrel and just shooting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back