PEAX Equipment

Ammo shortage causing hunting problem?

I can't find loaded 243 ammo for my dad's gun. I do load for it, but have enough for our two rifles here. Trying to find the bullets I like is another challenge. Which then dogs more into my powder supply testing new loads. Powder and primers which are also difficult to buy.

Pain in the ass it is.

I was in NC this past week and was happy to see some ammo on the shelves at the local Academy Sports store. Had some popular stuff like 308, 300WM, 7mm-08 and 223. Also had a decent supply of .22LR. Hopefully it’s a sign that things are getting better.

4CC77D05-E5C5-4617-BF5B-ECED6BEDF1AE.jpeg

I can't find loaded 243 ammo for my dad's gun. I do load for it, but have enough for our two rifles here. Trying to find the bullets I like is another challenge. Which then dogs more into my powder supply testing new loads. Powder and primers which are also difficult to buy.

Pain in the ass it is.
Check ammoseek.com plenty of 243 online.

Has anyone been seeing any Barnes TTSXs factory loaded anywhere? I have seen nothing, not a single box of any size.

Local shop has 260 Rem ttsx on the shelf. Been sitting there over a month now.

I used to worry that having a variety of firearms, each in a different (sometimes obscure) caliber, would cause problems keeping each supplied. But in this situation, it’s been a benefit: When I had trouble getting .30-06, I still had 7mm in supply, and so on.

I used to worry that having a variety of firearms, each in a different (sometimes obscure) caliber, would cause problems keeping each supplied. But in this situation, it’s been a benefit: When I had trouble getting .30-06, I still had 7mm in supply, and so on.
I had been bouncing back and forth between 270 and 25-06 and with all the shortages going on 25-06 was always the one still on the shelf at my local shops. It made my decision for a semi popular/slightly obscure round a little easier.

Forgot to take pics but stopped at the Wheeling Cabelas on Saturday and they had a lot of 5.56 and 9mm ammo. Some other calibers too. They also had 15-20 bricks of CCI BR2 Large rifle primers for $105/1000

I am all set for hand loading pistols and rifles.
My main concern is running out of steel shot (waterfowl opens Sept 1.)
Right now no 1 1/8 oz steel within 350 miles of Fairbanks.
Online, shipping is the problem....$230 for ten boxes of 12 gauge shells.
shipping.JPG

If I don't get a line on some .280 Rem factory ammo and/or some powder to build some loads soon I am going to start getting a little panicked.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammerg
Back