Am I unclear or has MT Fish, Wildlife & Parks made an error?

gallagher71

Can someone set me straight? I applied for Deer B tags in the initial draw. First choice was 007-03 and second choice was 670-00. I was unsuccessful for both choices. The screen shot from MT's portal is below. Now, each of these tags is showing on their portal as surplus tags? Why was I unsuccessful but there are leftover tags? Thanks in advance for clearing things up for me.

Initial 2021 MT Draw.jpg
Surplus Deer B 2021.jpg

Applying as a NR you won’t be considered in the draw if the 10% cap has been reached even if there aren’t enough resident applications to take up the rest of the tags.
Hence the unsuccessful application and surplus tags. You can buy a surplus when they’re available if you get lucky before they sell out.

Applying as a NR you won’t be considered in the draw if the 10% cap has been reached even if there aren’t enough resident applications to take up the rest of the tags.
Hence the unsuccessful application and surplus tags. You can buy a surplus when they’re available if you get lucky before they sell out.
That makes sense. Both must have been at the non-resident cap. Forgot about that. Thanks!

Back