Allen Game bags

Dave2643

I was looking for Caribou game sacks at the local sporting good store and found this little four pack of 20X30" bags in a nice little pouch. They are Allen bags and aren't cheesecloth type bags and they seem to be pretty durable and claim to be reusable. Has anyone had any experience with them? My store did not have the Caribou sacks, which are pretty well recommended on this forum.

I used Allen's outfitter bags for years. They were stretch but a tighter weave than the cheese cloth type. Last year I went with the new synthetics.
The allen back country bags that I believe you are looking at, in the orange bag, weigh 1.6# vs 1.1 for my caribou wapiti 5 bag set, and are twice the volume of the wapiti's even when vacuum sealed. After buying the allens on sale and seeing how heavy and bulky they were, I bought the caribou and have never used the allens.

I've been using them on deer, elk, and antelope over the past few years and they work great!

I make my own out of muslin (sp). make them oversize and triple stitch seams and drawstring seam...........light, washable and always big enuf!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back