PEAX Equipment

All you PA guys, anyone near the poconos?

teej89

Hey guys!
The GF and I(both in late 20s) just made a move from north of Scranton to the Poconos, the Mount Pocono area specifically. I was wondering how many people we have around that area? Not looking for hunting spots just trying to find something to do or people of the same interests(shooting bows, shotguns, rifles, etc..) in the area even if it's golf, or beer lol Seems there's a high percentage of city people, and moving from farm country this area is a tad frightening...

I have a chocolate lab who is a pheasant finding machine, we hunt delware water gap the whole way through the season finding birds. I hunt deer(archery and rifle) mostly up near scranton, not enough time to scout and relocate tree stands so I'll make the drive, also I drew a very nice bull elk tag in Montana so I'll be out there for 5 days in august scouting. I'm hoping SGL 127 turns up some ducks/geese for the lab to fetch, I was out there earlier this week and it looks pretty good. The next place is to scout the Delaware river.

Excited to see new ground and hopefully meet some new people!
T.J.

I lived in Saylorsburg for about 14 months back in 2012/13. There's some SGL between Pocono racetrack and Long Pond on Long Pond Rd right before you cross the bridge over Tunkhannock Creek that I deer and bear hunted while I lived there. Most guys get the early and go in deep following the creek but I've set up less than 200 yds from the road and had deer and bear come within bow range. I should warn you though, out-of-staters swarm the woods on the weekends so if you can hunt during the week you stand less of a chance being shot. I wish I was kidding about that last part but I'm serious, it sounds like WW3 from daylight to about noon.

There's a LOT of transplants from NYC and NJ, neither of which I can stand for very long, looking for some "country living" but don't worry too much cuz there's a lot of rednecks up there too. If you get too bored check out the Sunset Hill Shooting Range off 314 near Henryville. I worked there as an instructor on the weekends and there's some really good guys there that love their guns. Best of luck

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back