All You AZ Guys

muskrat89

If any of you ever wanna take a newbie hunting or fishing, I'd be interested. Although I've been in AZ for 6 years, am just now dusting off the guns and fishing rods. Only hunting that doesn't really appeal to me is "sandhill cranes" - what the heck is up with that?? Fishing - I'm up for anything too - don't want to burden anybody - so don't feel obligated. None of my friends or co-workers are really into this.. unenlightened trolls
rolleyes.gif

Muskrat, We'll be ukp in the mountains shooting Prairie Poodles this weekend, but I'll drop you a line next week and we can talk about it....

cool.gif

muskrat

i will be putting my permits in on monday for deer turkey antalope an elk

it look like i will be hunting alone this year so if you need a hunting partner let me know

Well, thanks, Elkhunter! If I'm ever up that way, I'll take you up on it. I've actually been in contact with an Outfitter up there, to potentially represent in my Booking Agent business. Then I'd definitely have to take a trip up. He does lodge rentals too, I was thinking about doing something like that. If I get up there, I'll definitely give you a shout!

Dan if your up in the mountains shooting p-dogs then you wont be here on monday you will be in court paying the fine for hunting out of season......
wink.gif

Better check your regs

Delw

WHew! I thought I was in trouble. I just reread the regs Del.. Shooting poodles is OK as long as they aren't Black Tailed Poodles.. Shoot all the Gunnison's you want. Besides, those rules don't go into effect until 7/1/03..

I was afraid I would have to turn myself in..!!

cool.gif

Dan theres been a season on praire dogs for 2-3 years now.... I posted it last year as well.

Black tailed p-dogs are endangard in az and are not allowed to be shot( I believe the ones where we hunt are gunnisons, even though I always thought they were blacktails)

Hunting season does not open till july 1st for p-dogs and goes to march 31 (with the exception of june 16th -june 30th )has been like that for a few years as well.... go look at last years regs, I have a copy somewhere...

Look at page 33 of the regs

setup038.gif

Delw

Delw

Well, I guess it's a mystery to most folks.. We had a game and squish officer tell us where to go and shoot them around Snowflake and gave us a number to call in St. Johns. I'm not sure that the season isn't 7-1-02 to 3-1-03 and then it starts up again..on 6/16 That's kind of what that chart you have up looks like only it's a year newer. I guess we were a little premature... Oh well. No one seemed to mind...

cool.gif

Naw, we were OK..
...but thanks for worrying about me...

cool.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 06-12-2003 20:34: Message edited by: danr55 ]</font>

house sparrows and english starling??????????????????????? what the fugg is that you guys have a season for everything.i was really looking forward to killing tweety bird when i get drawn for antelope this year.

????!!!FISHING IN AZ!!!????
I didn't think that type of activity was done there...It is talked about a lot, but accomplished???
tongue.gif

Muskrat89,
Welcome aboard and holler at me in a few weeks or so.
If you archery hunt and want to go to the flagstaff area on the 22nd then email me sooner.
I have 3 of us going friday night after wk 5:30pm and will be up there until sunday afternoon. A quick trip but will be fun.

Elkchasr, dont start up on us now.
You know we dont like fishing in this weather. It will fry them fishies more than normal. they are already poached from the hot water down here.
eek.gif

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back