Alaska On your Own Moose

Base6211

Are you ready? Are you ready to join the buckman of NJ for DIY hunt. Most people say you need a year to plan your hunt. Often this is true as you will plan it out, tweak it and tweak it some more. I come from a place that says do it now, get it done, you do not know how many tomorrows you have.Of course you have to back this up and make sure your "house is in order", so you can truly enjoy your hunt.

I am 62 years young have harvested about 300 deer, mostly by bow in the state of NJ. Two years ago I went to Alaska on 30 days notice to kill a nice grizzly. I am going to Montana for bow elk mid Sept on DIY hunt for about $2,500 including license rental car and lodging. I can afford a guide but like to be frugal. I have talked to many fish and game folks, all very kind and knowledgeable. I was advised of drive in hunts in Tok region off of Fairbanks. Most flight operators are booked but we may be able to find someone. We can also do a drive in float down a river. I am looking for another adventurous soul to join me as my beautiful wife will be more pleased if I have a hunting partner. (She will worry anyway, but much less). I am flexible on time but believe the 8-15th of Sept may be a good option.

If you are ready, call the Big L or the Buckman, or email me.Look forward to meeting you.

Randy my brother this includes you.

Best regards,

Lonnie 908-347-3556 [email protected]

Check the OTHER BIG GAME Subforum

There's a guy that posted on the DIY Caribou thread there about losing his AK moose hunting artner and looking for options, check it out and shoot him an email or PM.

Good luck,

Michael

Back