Alaska Guide Creations Bino Harness

Ttannahill14

Pulling the trigger on a new bio harness. They're on sale and I can't wait too much longer in order to have it for season.

I've decided on an Alaska guide creations. Any recommendations on which model.

K.I.S.S.

or

C.U.B.

I was leaning towards the cub but I just can't seem to think of what I would need all that room for?

Binos, Range finder, inhaler (lol but definitely a need for me), spare rifle rounds, cell phone (GPS)... Is the KISS enough room or should I upgrade to the bulkier unit. Both units I was looking at the one with the bottom pouch to put a range finder.

Thanks in advance.

I have the CUB max pocket, holds my binos, range finder in front pocket, gps on side, wind check on other side, tags on the back, knofe & chapstick in the botttom.

I have the CUB max pocket, holds my binos, range finder in front pocket, gps on side, wind check on other side, tags on the back, knofe & chapstick in the botttom.

The cub doesn't seem too big in certain situations? Do you ever wish you had less weight or stuff on your chest?

The cub doesn't seem too big in certain situations? Do you ever wish you had less weight or stuff on your chest?

No it feels great, I know the pictures make the CUB look big, but it really isn't. I have tons of room for my 10x42's, the side pockets are small but my garmin etrex20 fits in it perfectly. I got this size for the sole purpose to be able to shed my pack if I needed to get closer in range quicker. I can carry everything I need minus water for a walk thru the woods with my bow.

No it feels great, I know the pictures make the CUB look big, but it really isn't. I have tons of room for my 10x42's, the side pockets are small but my garmin etrex20 fits in it perfectly. I got this size for the sole purpose to be able to shed my pack if I needed to get closer in range quicker. I can carry everything I need minus water for a walk thru the woods with my bow.

Good enough for me. Just ordered. Thanks for extra confidence I needed to order... hopefully they work out.

I just got the KISS last week and really like it. I'm coming from a Crooked Horn harness so the little storage on the KISS is a lot more than I've had. I figure my tags, wind checker, call and maybe my havalon will be enough to carry in the rig. There are a few attachment points if I really want to add pockets

After researching these I'm ready to buy one.

Quick question for the those that have the C.U.B. Is the front pocket/pouch big enough and easy enough to use it as a carrier for my small rangefinder?

Any other suggestions out there before I buy?

Thanks

After researching these I'm ready to buy one.

Quick question for the those that have the C.U.B. Is the front pocket/pouch big enough and easy enough to use it as a carrier for my small rangefinder?

Any other suggestions out there before I buy?

Thanks

I keep my Leica rangefinder in mine. It works out nice. I tether the cord of the rangefinder to the side buckle so I can just let it hang (instead of putting it back in pocket) to eliminate movement if in close quarters .

I use the front zippered pocket on the CUB for a leupold 1200, the side zipper for wind check puffer. Keep my tag in the flat zippered pocket on the back. I really like the pack. It does seem a little bulky at times but it never gets in the way rifle or bow hunting. Last year I hunted in a day long snowstorm and my binos were dry the entire time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenleafoutfitters
Back