Alaska Bear Hunt Updates...

Moosie

Grand poopa
So 'Gunner Drops me a Phone call yesterday, He siad He's in Wrangle and all is Fine. The only thing they Forgot was the Sunscreen. Something about it being real warm. the guys that they were geting the boat from seem to either be Homo's or Really friendly guys, they are going above and Beyond helping Ovis and Gunner and even are going to Hunt with them for a Few days it sounds like.

I should get a Call soon.... If not, I'm making some Chit up for a Story and Posting it anyways. I'll beg Forgiveness when they get back ;)

Good luck fella's, I know you're not reading this But I'm taking all my Luck and Sending it with ya. (Untill Friday when I go up hunting, then I'm borrowing it again
)

Moosie,

Got a report from a hunter on POW a couple days ago...

His group shot 3 'sevenish foot' blackies on their trip to POW. The weather has been great up here!

I'm still looking for a big brownie myself.

Talked to Gunner on the Phone, They seen 2 Brown bears but NO Black bears, They are Pulling up Steaks and Shipping over to P.O.W.

Nothing dead yet, and 4 bear tags to Fill . They better get Busy !!!!!

They ended up not going to P.O.W. The water was Choppy, it was a long water comute, and there was 2 Guides hitting it hard in the Area they were going to. They got Relocated to another cove.... I'm not one to Start any rumors, But I think those 2 might not be back on Schedule. Something about having a "GOOD TIME" and something about "Quality time"..... ;)

I think after the Lost Lugage and the sleeping bag in the Water, they are in Full hunting mode now. I'm still not sure how they stay warm with only 1 dry sleeping bag, but like I said, I'm not one to Instigate, I only "Report" ;)

Well there are only two choices as I see it Moosie. They are sharing the one bag and keeping warm on those cold nights, or they used the method that ELKCHSR put on the board and dug some underground shelters to crawl into. ;)

Uhhhhh :eek: Maybe this will explain how they are keeping warm with one bag. :confused: This was in a post from Ovis to Gunner titled todays find. I wonder if they both spoon left ;) :D

DSC03806.jpg

Elkhunter, I'm guessing they don't have permission to build a Shelter like ElkChsr on Private Ground up there so I'm guessing they are using the "ONE BAG" idea.......

Now I hear that their Tent has a Rip in it from a "BEAR".

I'm wondering if one of them is purposely limiting the Space that they have to share apart from each other.... Like I said, "I'm not one to Instigate, I only "Report" ;) "

More Updates : Got another call today. Looks like the Mighty hunters might have put in to much "SACK TIME".... I only got a Message on my machine but it doesn't sound to promising unfortunately. Fingers are still crossed for a 9th inning bear !!

I don't have much time Because I need to leave to go to the Other side of the State in a Few Hours for work.... so I don't have time to make up an Elaborite story I was planning on because I need some Sleep ;) So I'm forced to tell you the truth

I only got a Message because I was up with my dad Bear hunting tonight. On the message he just said that he didn't have "MUCH" luck and hoped I left him a bear because he's bearless.... I'm takeing that as him not seeing any/many bears. I'll let them Elaborate upon their return to Idaho Tuesday. Allthough he'll probably call again tomorrow .

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back