Caribou Gear

Affordable Wildlife Posters for School

trb

Hey all,

I teach 5th Grade in Colorado, and I am searching for affordable posters for my classroom that feature native wildlife. Anyone got any hot tips on the cheapest way to either print large images or purchase affordable posters featuring Rocky Mt ecosystems or wildlife? I'm just trying to set up a more engaging and interesting classroom that exposes kids to the wildlife diversity our region has to offer. Most of what I have seen online have been about $20-30 for a medium sized image or poster, which adds up quickly. I have been keeping an eye on my local thrift stores as well. Any ideas are appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Yes, go to your local sportsmens club or any chapter of a national conservation organization and ask for their help in decorating your class room with either posters or real mounts, furs, etc. I cannot imagine a club turning you down!

Do what Ben said. I would call your local warden and ask him/her. They probably won’t have the posters you are looking for but they will know exactly who to call and not get passed through channels trying to find someone that does. Forest service, fish and wildlife service and state fish and game will all have education employees that will be able to help.

Reactions: trb

When I worked for Colorado DOW (at the time) they had great fish posters with illustrations by Joseph Tomelleri. They were free. Not sure if they still have those but man, the art work.

Lots of educational type posters usually available. One of the public information officers or public education staff- here’s some contact info for the regional education coordinators to start.

Many years ago I picked up several educational posters at the Fish & Wildlife office in BC,Canada. The best I have seen outside the Smithsonian. I just asked for copies.
Did the same at the Smithsonian. Those cost me.
I had them framed.
One of my nieces says she still has them and uses them in her classes.

Dang, THANK YOU ALL!!! I don't know why I didn't think of the CPW educational office...I will be calling them and the other local agency offices this week. I appreciate you all!

@jeremys4 our Human Growth and Development unit is in January, I will introduce the rack calendars around then...in the interest of thematic curriculum alignment.

Maybe a little small, Wyoming Wildlife magazine sends me a calendar every year. Could cut the pictures out if Colorado does something similar.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Debbry64
Back