Caribou Gear Tarp

Adding breakup to clothing

The off-season is long. As a result, I have been making and modifying outdoor related clothing and gear.

Has anyone added breakup to fleece before? I have a blaze orange fleece vest that came with "branches" painted onto it. I am not sure exactly what was used, but it feels slightly crusty on the fleece. Anyway, I would like to replicate this and was wondering if anyone has attempted this before. Paint, Rit dye, permanent marker?

Anyway, thanks for your input.

I've done it with permanent marker, just make sure you let it hang in the garage or other area with good air flow for at least 2 months as they can be stinky.

You could try Rit die, but my guess is that fleece will let it bleed too much and you will have trouble controlling where the die goes.....though you are looking for breakup of outlines so it may work perfect.

Thanks jryoung. How has the marker held up to being washed? I kind of wash my hunting clothes obsessively during season.

Smell is certainly a huge consideration and that has been what has prevented me from using a marker so far.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back