A long wait, but finally headed back to Oregon.

Hoytxl2009

After moving away to Washington 3 years back I haven't returned to hunt the hills I once roamed for 15 years straight. Sounds like I have a few more wolves to deal with now, but it's always been productive.

How many other gentleman have had a career change that dragged them away from their favorite hunting grounds? I've had time to travel to other states, but just haven't made it back to home base in awhile.

Best of luck to you gentleman this season.

You as well and thank you!! A real lively group in here. I guess not many people want to talk elk hunting if a opinion isn't involved.

Hoyt I can relate to your situation, except my story is one that was learned the hard way when your young Andy dumb and don’t think through decisions thoroughly when they involve a marriage. After a 4 yr stint in the military I moved away from my roots deep in Midwest farm country to heavy populated east coast. Didn’t return to hunt for 10 years, it was like being reborn when I finally returned for a deer season.

I am now living my dream in MT after raising my kids who are off to college. So yes I know how you feel, every day here in MT is a gift and I treasure every moment I’m in the mountains pursuing whatever game I’m after.

Sorry I’m not much help for you in Oregon, but yes I know how you feel. Good luck this elk season. Give others time they will chime in, it’s summer after all....

I hear you!! I have good hunting in Washington, but I just haven't figured it out yet. I know home so well all my confidence is there.

The Montana dream doesn't sound to bad. I thought about trying a general tag there next year and skipping Idaho. Hell maybe I'll do both, but my luck I will draw NM and MT the same year.

I can only pray that you are east and not the communist western half I am stuck in for 4 more years. Portland and surrounding areas suck. I have a place in eastern Oregon I am heading to in 4 years once my youngest is out of school.

If you are eastern, good for you. Nice place and people are real.

Hoyt, I’m basically in your exact same situation. Moved to Washington three years ago, moving back to Oregon in August. We just closed on our house today. Washington’s been fine, but it’s never felt like home. I’ll be elk hunting out your way this November—Unit 58. Last year of paying non resident prices! Good luck on your move man.

Hoyt, I’m basically in your exact same situation. Moved to Washington three years ago, moving back to Oregon in August. We just closed on our house today. Washington’s been fine, but it’s never felt like home. I’ll be elk hunting out your way this November—Unit 58. Last year of paying non resident prices! Good luck on your move man.
That's pretty good news! Unfortunately for me I feel that I may be stuck here for a while. So looks like non resident applications for a few more years for me. Have fun in 58 very cool country.

I just moved from Oregon. Family has been there since the late 1800s, SO. Ore kid born and raised recently was in Portland. Wife took a dream job and now we are in Central Texas. It's different, but you grow where you are planted they say. This year I got more than lucky and drew 4 out of state tags (2-NM, 1-AZ, 1-CO) I told the Boss that it was to ease my pain and suffering of leaving home, she said okay. Now I just need the other Boss to let me take the vacation.

Enjoy the season fellas.

Last year I drew Sled Springs for Deer and Elk. Missed Deer, shot a nice 6 pt (more to that story, but I leave it at that for now) my hunting partner missed last year, but hit on SS this year. If I'm successful in NM for archery elk i told him I'd pass on my CO Rifle Elk tag and help him out.

I just moved from Oregon. Family has been there since the late 1800s, SO. Ore kid born and raised recently was in Portland. Wife took a dream job and now we are in Central Texas. It's different, but you grow where you are planted they say. This year I got more than lucky and drew 4 out of state tags (2-NM, 1-AZ, 1-CO) I told the Boss that it was to ease my pain and suffering of leaving home, she said okay. Now I just need the other Boss to let me take the vacation.

Enjoy the season fellas.

Dam!! I'm not sure if that's bad luck or good haha. Congrats on all the tags though. That's going to be a busy season.

Last year I drew Sled Springs for Deer and Elk. Missed Deer, shot a nice 6 pt (more to that story, but I leave it at that for now) my hunting partner missed last year, but hit on SS this year. If I'm successful in NM for archery elk i told him I'd pass on my CO Rifle Elk tag and help him out.

It's a awesome unit! I had that tag 5 years ago with a party of 3 and we had a blast. Never seen any good muleys while elk hunting, but ran into alot of stud whitetails. I've been trying for NM for awhile, but to no avail yet.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back