Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

7mm-08 Interlocks for Elk

I have no doubt that if you put the bullet where it needs to go it will kill an elk. What I thought was crazy about that load, though, was how slow it was. I use that ammo for fire forming brass for my 7/08 and just for fun I put a chrono on a few rounds. Some of them where under 2600 FPS in my rifle. For the distances you mentioned it won't matter, but that's leaving alot of performance on the table. Maybe I'm just spoiled from handloading.

So I was at the range the other day messing with my rifles like always, and my M70 really doesn’t like the Accubonds I was hopingit would, but the Horandy American Whitetail load turned in a .5” group at 100. What do folks think of this bullet for elk? Nothing pressing as I don’t have a tag, but I’m still curious
I don’t know if you have put one of these into an elk before but I’ve shot a few elk with them … I call em meat savers kills elk dead dead and doesn’t usually ruin hardly any meat

I don’t know if you have put one of these into an elk before but I’ve shot a few elk with them … I call em meat savers kills elk dead dead and doesn’t usually ruin hardly any meat
Zombie thread

Welcome to Hunt Talk

I have no doubt that if you put the bullet where it needs to go it will kill an elk. What I thought was crazy about that load, though, was how slow it was. I use that ammo for fire forming brass for my 7/08 and just for fun I put a chrono on a few rounds. Some of them where under 2600 FPS in my rifle. For the distances you mentioned it won't matter, but that's leaving alot of performance on the table. Maybe I'm just spoiled from handloading.
I have changed my mind the last few years. You need at least a 338 for elk.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back