52 Cal.

Sort of. I use a .526 round ball in my .54 caliber Hawken half stock. I have found that a thinner patch pushing that ball in front of 110 grains of 2ffg will upset and launch a round ball with authority. When hunting I cannot see the wisdom of pounding a round ball with a thicker patch down the muzzle. My load upsets and seals very well and is as accurate as I can shoot. The high lonesome isn't the competitive range at Friendship. Just my opinion.

I have 50's & 45 Cal M-L's. Nothing against the 52, but components are much more plentiful with the 50, then the 45 isn't to bad.

If I had a 52 cal Knight I'd be happy with it, just have to plan ahead with supplies.

I liked the way mine preformed but sold it last year because of the price of sabots and the Knight company isn't the same since it left Iowa...

It's an odd duck but really good idea..uses loose powder and a stemed breach plug to ignite the powder from the front..

People who now these things say the Original Hawkens that went west from St.Louis avg'd about 53 cal.

Back