5 points in Colorado what to do.

Jacack

I have 5 points in Colorado and going to burn them this year .Thinking early high country but wondering what you guys think. I am open to archery and rifle , I know 5 isn't enough for a lot of the "best" units but also know there are plenty of good bucks taken in other units if you put in the time and I have plenty of that this year.

Never deer hunted in Colorado. Been looking at go hunt but just thought I would ask here hoping someone has been in the same boat point wise

I would look at late season hunts as well, unless your time frame or weather preferences eliminate that option. For a first mule deer hunt it may be more fun hunting closer to the rut, and in my opinion 5 points can get some great 4th season tags. Good luck in your research.

I would look at late season hunts as well, unless your time frame or weather preferences eliminate that option. For a first mule deer hunt it may be more fun hunting closer to the rut, and in my opinion 5 points can get some great 4th season tags. Good luck in your research.

Thanks
I am open for anything, I am fortunate enough to be able to spend as much time as needed and think I can get out early to scout once.

Where do you live?

I live in southwest Florida but have hunted out west a lot just not Colorado and not much for mule deer mostly elk. been building points for deer in co nv wy ut and az. Colorado is my lowest point total I have and seems like 3-5 is the area to use them unless you plan to hold out a very long time.

I can scout as I normally go visit a buddy is South Dakota a couple times over the summer June and aug normally.

I have plenty of time to do research but trying to narrow down my search.

Can get a lot of great units for archery with that many points. Colorado high country is where my heart is. What every you decide to do, make sure you share your experience with us! Some of the better units, at least in my opinion, had their tag allocations cut last year due to the harsh winter they just had.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back