PEAX Equipment

.357 Mag Loading

oxn939

Anyone load for a .357 magnum rifle? Got my primers, brass and dies, basically looking at which powder and bullets to use. Looking to load copper monos a la Barnes XPB, but they seem to be out of stock everywhere. Alternatives include Lehigh 140 grain Xtreme Penetrator or the Cutting Edge 140 grain Handgun Raptor, but I've never heard reports on either. Any input appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Longer barrels, I go slower - H110/W296, Lil'Gun, Enforcer, 300-MP, etc

Exactly what I was thinking- H110 is number one on my hit list for propellant. Rifle I'm loading for is a 16 inch '94 AE Trapper, which is in strong contention for the firearm I'm most glad I purchased before all this stupidity. Just added the sling studs and 2-7 Leupold- should be a cool little deer rifle once I get a load dialed! Also looking forward to what should be some pretty easy load development as this thing's MER is about 125 yards hah

Screen Shot 2021-12-23 at 4.38.43 PM.png

Don't know rifles, but use h110 behind the 158gr. XTP's & 180gr. Cast Performance and get great results.

I am using a stout load of IMR4227 behind a 158 XTP. Quite accurate out of my GP100.

I have used 250 grain 45 caliber XTP bullets out of a muzzle loader at velocities real close if not a bit faster than a carbine would produce. It works well.

I even use Unique and Titegroup with good results.

Those are both listed in Barnes' XPB load data I believe. Still trying to decide if I hold out for finding some of those or just pick up a pack of cutting edge... they are pretty spendy for just a little experiment

W296/H110, 4227 and 2400 will all work well from a rifle. In .44 mag and .45 Colt model 92s, I even use Unique and Titegroup with good results.

Found some H110! Got brass, dies, powder, primers... just need projectiles. Might just send it on some of those cutting edge bois

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back