PEAX Equipment

35 Remington & hard cast lead bullets

GlockZ

Was just curious, does anybody know where I could find load data for 35 Remington shooting either 180 or 200gr hard cast lead bullets? Have been reloading my 35 Rem. using the Hornady 200gr. FTX bullets and they work fine, but am curious if a good load using hard cast bullets could be had.

I shoot a 336 in 35 Rem but only with jacketed bullets. There is very little printed data on lead for the 35 Rem. Lyman reloading manuals have data, the older manuals may be better. Commercial cast boolits are as expensive as jacketed and not that easy to come buy that are suitable for the Marlin 336. I do not shoot the gun that much so I will not get into casting. Missouri Bullet Co. has a .358 cast for rifle that some guys use. Good luck. Jerry

Something to consider when using cast bullets, is you will get quite a lot of lead fouling. It can be a PITA to get out.

I've really seen no reason to play with cast bullets, unless you just want to play. As mentioned unless you cast them yourself, they are not really much cheaper.

I have found that a good quality hard cast bullet doesn't leave much if any residue behind, also the reason I'm interested in cast bullets and loads for them, is because I'm looking for a bit more penetration, plus like you said, something to play around with.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishing-Moka
Back