300WSM Magpro

Tikka06

I came across a pound of Accurate Magpro and knowing it was made for magnums and wsm’s I picked it up. I’ve got a new Christensen Ridgeline in 300wsm and new nosler brass, 165 and 150 gr Barnes TTSX’s, 165gr Interlocks, and 165gr Sierra prohunters all on the bench. Anybody got a favorite load to start off with? Also, how does it stack up to IMR 4350? I’m open to suggestions.

That might be a bit slow burning for a WSM. I believe Magpro works better with the standard magnums like 7 Rem Mag, 300 WIN and possibly the PRC's. Might get some decent velocity out of a 25-06 or .270 with it too.

I used it years ago and still have probably 3lbs that I'm slowly burning as I try to find a use for it. It is quite a bit slower than 4350 so use a mag primer. Being a ball powder it will pour much easier than 4350. I believe in the 300WSM you will have a compressed load from the get go with some major crunch toward max.

It did yield good velocity and accuracy in both 300WSM and 7RemMag however for me it has been a moody powder and I have gotten wild velocity swings near max especially with varying temps (as can be with double based spherical powders).

I have loaded for a couple different guys that had 300wsm and R-22 always grouped the best, most of the guns were tikka T3 lites SS, and 2 brownings all the bullets were 180 accubonds. My buddy loves the magpro in his 270wsm. I always shot AA 3100 in the 270wsm.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back