Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

280AI is the new 6.5 Creedmoor

280AI is a sweetheart of a cartridge. It shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as the Man Bun cartridge. Now the 6.5 PRC, 6.5-284, or 6.5-06 yes they would sit very well next to the 280AI.

The 280AI should always have been more popular than it is. Nosler standardizing the cartridge was a big help. Frankly the the .280Rem and .284Win should be more popular as well.
And then there's the predecessor to them all ... Canada's 280 Ross. I actually had a 280 Ross sporter in my gun safe briefly in 2018. My trap team captain inherited his father's. In beautiful condition except the straight draw bolt had been removed and no one could figure out how to get it back in. I fixed it after an hour of angst. Can just picture those poor boys in muddy cold WWI trenches trying to reassemble them after cleaning. It takes three and a half hands. All the cursing probably gave away many positions. It was a gun and cartridge way ahead of it's time. I got the fella a good price for it. I'm no gun collector.

.280 AI seems to be all the rage, which is good hopefully it’ll make it easier to find 6.5 Creedmoor ammo.

I don't hunt elk but the 6.5 Creedmoor does the job on deer and pigs. No complaints. I wish I still had enough hair left for a bun... oh well.

The 280AI should always have been more popular than it is. Nosler standardizing the cartridge was a big help. Frankly the the .280Rem and .284Win should be more popular as well.

Since you mentioned it.

Attachments

• 4ot3h3.jpg
    4ot3h3.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 9
Back