250 spine Arrow shafts?

I’m currently searching for something similar and am considering going with aluminum. It seems that stiff spines and long lengths are limited and pricey with carbon, even with poor straightness.

Depending on what you put on the front I will probably go over 550 gr, but I'd look at 260 Axis or 250 Nexus.

I am partial to the Easton 5mm FMJ 250 spine. Have killed an elk and deer the past 2 years. Total arrow weight is 537 grains coming out of an 80# bow.

im shooting 70lb bow with 400 spine arrows. Do i need to change?
If you can get them to tune (i.e., broadheads and field points group together), then there's no need to change. Spine charts/calculators would likely recommend 300-350 spine depending on your arrow length and point weight, but there's nothing wrong with continuing to shoot 400's if they're flying well for you.

Starting to run low on arrows, looking to add a little weight to my next batch. Which means I need to step up in spine a little bit.

Currently shooting 70# @ 30", with 300 spine arrows at 442 grain total weight. I'd like to get up to 550gr or so, and that means inserts or big broadheads, which the 300s won't handle.

Final build- I'm looking at 30.5" arrows, ~550gr, 3 fletch helical. I'd like to start with standard inserts and vary the point weight (I have 85-250gr field points) to find the right mix. Then pick the broadhead, then add insert weight to achieve that balance.

So- any suggestions on decent arrow shafts that won't bankrupt me while I keep trying to save for a house?
Not sure if you got new arrows but just wanted to add make sure you look at the charts from the company you decide to buy arrows from. Carbon Express has a weird spine chart and you would actually want 250 spine. Most companies you would go 350.

Just double check draw weight vs recommended spine.

Im shooting the gold tip Hunter in 250 spine on an 80lb hoyt, and Ive been happy w em.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back