2022 SD legislature in session, let the assault on wildlife begin....again

warmer

Our Gov. has decided she wants a campground in the middle of elk/deer/antelope/bison feeding and wintering grounds. 175 camp spots along with the atv/utv traffic will push all of them out. SD guys better get on our Representatives and end this nonsense. HB1048 is just another bad idea.

Thanks Warmer, I never seem to even know about this sh!t until its to late.

I tried reaching out about another concern, never heard back from my three representatives...

I shouldn't be shocked that they ignore the will of the people.....

I really hope this doesn't go through, guess I got some phone calls to make. Thanks for the heads up Warmer

Yeah, this bill sucks. With tourist being such a massive industry in SD, this bill is already getting tons of push back from the hospitality sector. There's been stories on KELO, Dakota News Now, KEVN, and KOTA tv.

Follow South Dakota Wildlife Federation on Facebook. They give daily updates on wildlife/GFP bills. Also, sign up for their email newsletter. Also, become a member! FYI they are more active on FB than updating their website.

Emails look like they are working. Keep sending them. Tell your friends to send them.

The Tourism Dept. is in favor of this idea so it will be a tough battle. Money talks, and believe me boys and girls, this is all about money.

Also, this is not why so many were against this proposal:

“This change doesn’t address the primary concerns of the state competing with the private sector,” said State Sen. Julie Frye-Mueller (R-Rapid City). “The government should stay out of it because it can be handled there.”

Typical State legislature. They always think they know what we want no matter what we tell them...

For those that hunt pheasants in road ditches, the state legislature is working towards changing the 660' safety zone to 300 yards.

I will be voicing opposition. Short Summary from the wildlife federation:

VOTE NO on HB 1072
Enlarging the Current 660 ft. safety
Zone around occupied dwellings.
The earliest record of the current 660 ft. zone was found in 1947. It stated 40 rods, which converts to 660 ft.
Extending the 660 ft. safety zone will not deter the current lawbreakers (slob hunters) from shooting too close to buildings, no safety zone will stop them. Prosecuting them under the current law will! In fact a person shooting and raining shot onto farm sheds ETC. is now against the law reckless discharge of a gun/ Landowners need to prosecute.
Extending the safety zone beyond 660 ft. erodes away more of the road right-of-way from resident and non-resident sportsmen/women who choose to road hunt or perhaps cannot afford to pay to hunt or chooses not to pay to hunt.
In past legislative sessions, an increase of the safety zone has been attempted by commercialized goose operations in Sully and Hughes Counties to stop the road hunting of geese. Now it is being proposed by commercial pheasant hunting operations.
Why change current law if it is not broken?
The Sportsmen/women of South Dakota urge you to defeat the expansion of the 660 ft. safety zone, there is no problem with the current law that has been established for years. Please do not support this anti-road hunting bill.
Please write these House Ag. Members and ask them to vote NO on HB 1072 which they will hear Thursday 2-3-22, which will be heard next week in House Ag. Please use your own words and be courteous!
House Ag members;
[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back