Caribou Gear Tarp

2022 SD legislature in session, let the assault on wildlife begin....again

I've shot a bunch of pheasants from SD road ditches but it is an odd deal. In contrast to big game regs in many states requiring you to be out of the public ROW to shoot, SD makes their ROW public hunting areas. Legally being able to hunt on someone's land, within 660' of their house rather than 900', without them having a say in the manner is just hard to be an advocate for.

Row isn't really their land at the end of the day. Yes you get taxed on it, but you can't build on it or do anything on it really

I've shot a bunch of pheasants from SD road ditches but it is an odd deal. In contrast to big game regs in many states requiring you to be out of the public ROW to shoot, SD makes their ROW public hunting areas. Legally being able to hunt on someone's land, within 660' of their house rather than 900', without them having a say in the manner is just hard to be an advocate for.
The problem, for me isn't 660 or 900. The problem is twenty years ago the 660' didn't exist. Now they want to go 900'. IMO, we are headed to the end of road hunting.

The problem, for me isn't 660 or 900. The problem is twenty years ago the 660' didn't exist. Now they want to go 900'. IMO, we are headed to the end of road hunting.
I should have made a new thread about this, but that's a worrisome trend because I do love a ditch roostie

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back