Yeti GOBOX Collection

2004 Idaho Turkey Regs online

BrianID, thanx forthe Link man !!! You guys Hunt Around Onieda (SP?) on that side of the State ?

Moosie,
Most of the turkey hunting on this side of the state is done around the Preston area which includes Oneida if you were talking about the area around the Oneida narrows or Oneida Reservoir. As you probably already know in the last couple of years serveral new areas have opened to turkey hunting thanks to the F&G planting operations.

I saw a few turkeys this last fall in unit 73 while I was hunting elk down that way. My wife has an uncle that works for Utah Power & Light and is stationed at the power plant on the Oneida Reservoir. He says he hears a chit pot of turkeys down there every spring. I've never hunted the turkeys down that ways but there are some big Rio's that get taken every year...some with 10+ inch beards and great spurs to go along with it.

Wilecoyote76

Aren't these birds a hoot!
The birds moved to this area are either Merriams or "mutts" that were trapped in North Idaho around Bonners Ferry etc. The bulk of the trapping was accomplished by a Lady volunteer member of the National Wild Turkey Federation. Again proof positive that if you enjoy chasing the "king of the spring" you ought be a member of the organization largely responsible for increased bird distribution in Idaho!!!!
WD

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back