1st rains

hank4elk

Nothing smells better than a rain in NM, any rain. This was the 1st here since last Sept. It has been spitting & threatening since April.
It probably was not more than an 1/8th of an inch,just enough to wet the ground and hear the sound on the roof. Made for a spectacular sunset & the smells..............wet grass,pinion, dirt .
I ate homemade Tamales on my steps & Rio slept on his banky in the bedroom hiding from the thunder. It was great!

Pretty sure it will be hot & sunny all week now. But it was a reminder of what can be in NM.
Come on Monsoons & green grass!

It probably was not more than an 1/8th of an inch,just enough to wet the ground and hear the sound on the roof. Made for a spectacular sunset & the smells..............wet grass,pinion, dirt .
I ate homemade Tamales on my steps & Rio slept on his banky in the bedroom hiding from the thunder.

i have a suspicion i would enjoy living where you live

it's like a scene setting description from a cormac mcarthy novel

Clouding up again now. Last chance for a week.
90's ahead,June/hot,for here. East of the Rio Grande & Sangres it's been pouring.

You're right, Hank, the sunset from Magdalena was beautiful this evening. Hopefully more rain will come because these storms mostly brought lightning and two fires. It's woefully dry out there.

Goodly amount of rain in the north mountains. Looks as though today is the last rainy day for a week or so, every drop is welcome. Even if the hail kills off my peppers, I'll trade 'em for rain. Hopefully this isn't just an isolated thing, but maybe an early start to a long monsoon.

We're getting in a pretty dry way here in Georgia, which was not expected after our wet winter and spring. Sitting here drinking coffee and cloud watching now.

I hope all my western brothers and sisters see some rain soon.

Clear & windy. 78, smokey haze coming in from somewhere...the dry hot month is here. Bummer.

We’ve got our first fire going already in the Grand Junction area. It’s going to be a long fire season.

Rain?
SW Okla has been in a monsoon since mid April, early May.
Rain has gone from desirable to fretsome.
Of course, by mid July we'll all be begging for rain ... AGAIN! 😥
This red clay will be hard as concrete, hotter than the hinges of Hades and a hot wind that will scorch paint!
Then mid August hits, the "Dog Days of Summer".
The wind dies, the sun burns hotter and any small plants started in the spring will be seared if not watered daily and shaded from the laser sun.
No happy medium here! Freeze or burn up! ☹

Silver City had a good string of cloudy days last week. Unfortunately not much rain fell out of them in this area.

Sure got smokey yesterday, I figured the wind shift had smoke from the Johnson Fire moving this way.

Back