Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

10x42EL vs 12x50EL

kgriff2424

I’m currently running vortex razor 12x50s and have been fairly pleased with them but I’m finally making the leap to Swaros. I really love running 12x50s but I see that 10x42 ELs are going for more then 1200$ less then the 12x50 ELs. Long story short, would you get the 10x42s and put the extra $ towards a swaro spotting scope or bite the bullet and get the 12x50s and hold off on a spotting scope for a while?

If I had the budget to buy both, I am going 10x42 binos and putting the difference towards a spotter with variable 20+ power magnification.

I made the mistake of looking through my buddies 12x50 EL's NL’s this weekend. I was blown away with what I've been missing. I'm going to have to start saving now so I can maybe buy a pair in 3 years lol. I'd probably buy the 12's. Light weight for the amount of optic and zero eye strain after hours of glassing. I'm also curious on the general consensus of going with the 12's over the 10's.

Edit: they were actually the NL’s.
IMG_0192.jpeg

Last edited:
I think it depends on the hunt. I own a lot of different combinations of glass, and I’ve learned that they all have a purpose. 10x42 is an all-around good set that kind of covers the “do it all”. I really prefer them for pronghorn hunting in open countries or for semi-forested hill side. I bring my 12x50 when I need to scan small openings and pockets. The 10’s can do the same but the 12’s are nice to have, especially from a distance.

I have 10×42 Leica Ultravids. When I bought them I also checked out 12 power glass of various makes of what I call the big three. Leica, Swarovski, and Zeiss. The Leicas just fit my eye best and i went with 10 power because I was steadier hand holding them.

Why does no one make a 12x50 rangefinder bino? I have 10x42 Lecias and want to go 12x50s but don't want to carry both a bino and a rangefinder. Love the combo together

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back