10/17 (pics)

Moosie

Grand poopa
Not a bad morning eh ?

10_17_1.sized.jpg

Here is a Few pics after I got home :

10_17_home1.sized.jpg

10_17_home3.sized.jpg

there was 3 of us that went.. Me and the 2 Boss's. Here is the Office Manager after he went after Elk Turds Goose and forgot to pull up his Waders and After they filled up then he fell over in the Mud :

10_17_lle.sized.jpg

Here is Elk Turd Doing his "MAGIC" that turned many a ducks around and the Geese into us :

10_17_dinger.sized.jpg

Here's the lot of them :

10_17_all.sized.jpg

I was 3 ducks for 3 shots off the batt using 3" #2 shot. I got a "ASSIST" on Lary's duck (He shot twice and I followed up. He had it dead on the 2nd shot but It was a "BOOM,BOOM". We usually hate killing them twice so I said "soory" ,,, OOPS !! Ohh well, dead is dead right ?

Then it went a bit downhill.. We had 3 Greenheads fetchin LAND in front of us with me only pulling ONE out with 3 shots. I had to shoot the one 2 times to drop it... Ohh well, we didn't do all that bad I guess for a bunch-a rookies *SMILE*

5 ducks and 1 goose for me, 4 ducks each for them, and Elkturd got a goose.

Looks like you guys are some duck killing machines. Any bands yet? I like the pic with the ducks/geese on straps. I was going to pose the same way today, but with one duck, it was uneven and kept falling off my shoulder.
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif

Have you found a good recipe yet? My jerky shooter should be here next week, so the duck numbers in the freezer will diminish soon.

looks like you had a great morning.
biggrin.gif
nice shooting.

just wondering if you lads have to use steel shaot like we do here in ont. canada?

i haven't been doing that well with the ducks this year
rolleyes.gif
can't seem to hit the broad side of barn
mad.gif
i think my dogs going to disown me
biggrin.gif
still fun getting out though.

congrats
biggrin.gif

I actually do use Steel shot, I think it's a Federal thing in the States, but sounds like it's a common thing too. I'm sure as long as ya bring out the dog it won't disown ya. But I'm not sure
wink.gif

Miller, only one Goose band. It was a 6 year old goose. How old do geese get ? Any Ideas ? I passed going this week although every day would have been good. Wife was out of town but I opted to work ... I know, I'm silly for that
shhh.gif
I'm making some Jerky myself.. I have it ALL premarinated and in the Freezer ready for Jerky. I haven't found a good recipie other then Jerkey !!!

Elkhunter, Yes, I actually usually have the Cell in the Blind just to call up people to tell them I'm hunting and they're working.. Usually it's the BOSS... But they were both with me this time So I left the phone in the truck
smile.gif

Brokfut, It couldn't have happened to a better guy
smile.gif
Are you ready to go out yet ?!?!

Moosie-

Canadian geese "can" live to be 20+ years old in the wild and have topped 30 years of age in captivity....the way I've been shootin' lately they'll be eligible for Social Security before I limit this year
rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back