Hey all, I've got a Rem 700 sporter 25-06 that is about ten years old. It's never been a great shooter, but has been adequate. I like the caliber and the rifle, however. I'm considering putting some cash into it and having it rebarreled with a Proof carbon barrel. I don't handload and like the...
It won't change my plans, but most of my hunting is pretty local - less than half hour to the trailhead. I did just get back from a pronghorn trip which was 175 miles each way pulling a camper getting 10mpg. The cost started to cross my mind with mid grade going for over $5/gallon. Clearly the...
The Gohunt Atmosphere jacket is pretty slick and seems like it would fit your use case. I got one last year and used it Sept-Nov., just for slightly different applications. It shines as a cold weather active midlayer. The Sitka ambient is essentially the same thing, but the fit of the Sitka is...
They could've gone to the states and other stakeholders and tried to figure out what works and what doesn't work with the roadless rule and gone from there. Outright rescinding one of the most popular USFS rules without considering local input is certainly not collaborative or local.
Given the hot and dry summer we're having across the west and the fires that seem to pop up constantly, I'm curious on the attitude you all have for recreational shooting on public land. I have a spot about 15 minutes from my house where I can sight in my rifle and then shoot to about 450 yards...
White rice is definitely better for you than brown rice. Brown rice has the outer layer that accumulates much more arsenic. There's a reason rice eating cultures focus on white.