Eat breakfast at McGils, eat pizza at the Stash. Hike up Oh-Be-Joyful. If you’ve got binos and a spotter and want to go see elk and deer send me a PM and I’ll send you some spots.
Don’t know if this is the best way, but I did it once on a mule deer my daughter shot a couple years ago and it worked. Spray it down with 90% rubbing alcohol, wrap it in gauze and keep the gauze as saturated as possible. When you get home take off the gauze and coat it in borax, the more...
So four years into this thread, would I be accurate to summarize by saying the Residents of Montana can neither manage their Mule Deer nor their invited Non - Resident guests? I have no interest in hunting Montana at present (probably from dropping in on this thread over the years) but it seems...
I hunted mule deer on the Cibolo Creek ranch between Marfa and Presidio in the Chinati Mountains about 20 years ago, they had Carmen Mtn whitetails also. Saw several of them, one that was big enough the ranch foreman was super excited - kind of looked like a little Hill Country whitetail but a...
Three western hunts lined up:
Late Sept-Early Oct muzzy Deer in NM (tag is just an excuse to hike around some NM state land that my wife and I love, outside chance of shooting a deer)
Third rifle CO elk hunt with my Dad
Late Season Cow Hunt in CO late December with my son
Sept-Feb pretty...