Recent content by Bighorner

  1. B

    It’s not just corner hopping…

    Civil disobedience.
  2. B

    It’s not just corner hopping…

    Without any idea where exactly this is...you can go to the county clerks office and ask if they will point you to the corner records. These are the records that are typically filed by surveyors when the corner was used or set as part of a land survey. The BLM would be the next stop to see when...
  3. B

    It’s not just corner hopping…

    Well done.
  4. B

    It’s not just corner hopping…

    I feel like county roads avoid BLM in NE Wyoming like the plague.
  5. B

    It’s not just corner hopping…

    I assume the rail road ROW way reverted to the state once abandoned and the state sold that ROW to current landowner. Is that correct? Or did the landowner by the ROW before it could revert back to the state? This one seems really muddy on how they gained ownership.
  6. B

    More rage bait: Grizzly claiming your elk and getting a ticket for waste?

    An elk left overnight is not automatically 100% spoiled. It's not a great situation, but it's also not a total loss. Obviously there are a ton of factors involved. I also don't think 2 days with highs in the 70s is going to spoil the meat if it is clean, cooled and hung in good locations...
  7. B

    More rage bait: Grizzly claiming your elk and getting a ticket for waste?

    They got off. I missed that too on my look at the article.
  8. B

    Manufactured Outrage

    Im pretty sick of all these rich out of staters with their matching camo. I get it dude your loaded but who can afford matching gloves. Give me a break.
  9. B

    Wildfire management LTTE

    It does.
  10. B

    Need a movie…

    4 pages and no one recommended Legends of the Fall?
  11. B

    “I don’t want you hunting this outfit.”

    There is a difference between the best avaiable technology and the best available evidence, but I see your point.
  12. B

    “I don’t want you hunting this outfit.”

    I see encroachments more than the average person. They are almost always as result of relying on GIS boundaries in place of surveys. For some prospective, corners in my area were fist set in the 1880s. A lot of them have been revisited, remonumented, and resurveyed, but no all. Some were even...
  13. B

    “I don’t want you hunting this outfit.”

    A legal survey. I would imagine every app has a disclaimer regarding the legal use of there data. I think a defense lawyer could show reasonable doubt out to 30 yards between mapping grade boundaries and age of the actual data onX is using. OnX is not the end all be all. Its just close...
  14. B

    “I don’t want you hunting this outfit.”

    That is an excellent example of how muddy the waters can get. OnX is using the best publicly available property information. Best avaible dose not equal guaranteed correct. It is entirely possible OnX could be 30 yards off without the benefit of a current or recent land survey.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
120,162
Messages
2,251,882
Members
39,105
Latest member
Booner
Back
Top