Recent content by AssawomanGunsmith

  1. AssawomanGunsmith

    Elk .... Let's see them!!!

    Was lucky enough to finally take my first bull a week ago in Wyoming on Public land in the timber. -Randy
  2. AssawomanGunsmith

    Kibler Longrifle kits?

    Beautiful rifle. Muzzleloaders are foreign to me except for new inlines, and I've built a few smokeless ones for customers. I recently had a local organization ask me to "build" a traditional muzzleloader for a raffle. I've ordered a Traditions kit (starting out on the cheap), but in the last...
  3. AssawomanGunsmith

    Norma Bondstrike Ammo?

    I've taken a few whitetail does with it in 6.5prc, didn't recover a single bullet, but all one-shot drops.
  4. AssawomanGunsmith

    Grandpa's 30-06

    Awesome rifle! I make my living building new rifles, but you just can't beat a rifle that has a "feel" and a story to it when you pick it up. I was lucky enough to inherit my grandfather's Win Model 94 in 30WCF when my father passed away; it's what I shot my first deer with, and I get that warm...
  5. AssawomanGunsmith

    Happy Birthday To Me!!!

    Awesome rifle!
  6. AssawomanGunsmith

    Cva Cascade XT 35 Whelen Finally!!!

    One of the most underrated cartridges! Nice shooting iron you have there.
  7. AssawomanGunsmith

    Rifle build

    Looks like it will do the trick, great cartridge.
  8. AssawomanGunsmith

    Elk bullet in Grizzly country

    yes. unit that borders yellowstone
  9. AssawomanGunsmith

    Elk bullet in Grizzly country

    I left out that the people I'm hunting with and I will have bear spray, and I understand that an encounter is highly unlikely. I was a Police Officer before a Gunsmith. I had OC spray and a taser as well as a pistol; I didn't want to use either but carried all. I view the bear spray, pistol, and...
  10. AssawomanGunsmith

    New Bolt Action Rifle Recommendations

    Tikka, or if you can stretch a little more, I'd go with a Benelli Lupo. There's a Walnut model with the BE.S.T. finish- a very accurate rifle that looks great- and you don't have to worry about rust.
  11. AssawomanGunsmith

    Elk bullet in Grizzly country

    I'm currently working up the load I'll be hunting with this fall in Wyoming for bull elk. I am trying some loads with 180gr Barnes TTSX, as I've had great luck in the past with other rifles(this year I'll be shooting a Benelli Lupo chambered in 300 Win Mag), and the thought of having to use the...
  12. AssawomanGunsmith

    Cow elk rifle

    If everything is equal between the rifles (weight, accuracy, your confidence), I'd take the 280AI but take whatever you shoot the best.
  13. AssawomanGunsmith

    Trying to burn 7 elk points in Wyoming this year

    I'm in the same boat and going for a general tag.
  14. AssawomanGunsmith

    Vortex Viper SOLD

    sold
  15. AssawomanGunsmith

    Vortex Viper SOLD

    BDC

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
120,109
Messages
2,250,036
Members
39,095
Latest member
jtb2018
Back
Top