Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Meopta warranty experience

T Bone

Purchased Meopta 15x56 binos specifically for a 2023 late season Nevada elk hunt.

Loved them. They found many elk while tripod mounted, until one spectacularly cold and calm morning the focus mechanism on the right side ceased to work.

Used the old reliable 10x Swaros and Leica spotter for the balance of the hunt.

Upon returning home Meopta was emailed. I received simple instructions to mail them to Florida. They shipped them back to Europe. Three months later they show up on my door, like new.

Great glass. Great warranty.

I don’t see what’s wrong with 3 months. I have a scope at Swarovski right now that is on a 8 week waitlist and they said it just improved from 12 weeks.

That's good to hear. I have a set of Meopta binos and a couple of Meostar rifle scopes. Zero issues with them so far. Great glass!

So far my experimentation with Meopta is questionable. I put a Meopta Optika6 on a Browning BAR Safari2 in .338 Win Mag. But after burning up a lot of ammo, and moving the scope further away from the objective bell it still is doing some wierd things. Not sure if it is the rifle or the scope. So, I switched out the scope to a new Zeiss and will go back to the range later this week. Here's an example of the wierd stuff it did yesterday. I had gotten pretty decent groups with Hornady Precision Hunter 230gr ELD-X ammo, like 1 1/4" groups at 100 yards. Yesterday, on a cold rifle which I thought I had previously sighted in dead on at 100, the first 3 shots were down 3 1/2" and to the right 3". OK, I move it up 3.5 MOA and left 3 MOA. Shoot 2 shots that were just 1/2" apart that were approximately the right elevation but now 3 1/2" to the left. So I move it back 3 1/2 MOA to the right which was now 1" to far right. Seems like the scope can't take the recoil, I suppose. I shot it about 3 weeks early and was getting the same wierd shit with the movements. Im using a Caldwell Lead sled, so I know it's holding steady. No appreciable wind, a headwind. I built a barrel cooler to speed up the time between 3-shot groups. It worked great yesterday. I always shoot with a cool barrel.

So far my experimentation with Meopta is questionable. I put a Meopta Optika6 on a Browning BAR Safari2 in .338 Win Mag. But after burning up a lot of ammo, and moving the scope further away from the objective bell it still is doing some wierd things. Not sure if it is the rifle or the scope. So, I switched out the scope to a new Zeiss and will go back to the range later this week. Here's an example of the wierd stuff it did yesterday. I had gotten pretty decent groups with Hornady Precision Hunter 230gr ELD-X ammo, like 1 1/4" groups at 100 yards. Yesterday, on a cold rifle which I thought I had previously sighted in dead on at 100, the first 3 shots were down 3 1/2" and to the right 3". OK, I move it up 3.5 MOA and left 3 MOA. Shoot 2 shots that were just 1/2" apart that were approximately the right elevation but now 3 1/2" to the left. So I move it back 3 1/2 MOA to the right which was now 1" to far right. Seems like the scope can't take the recoil, I suppose. I shot it about 3 weeks early and was getting the same wierd shit with the movements. Im using a Caldwell Lead sled, so I know it's holding steady. No appreciable wind, a headwind. I built a barrel cooler to speed up the time between 3-shot groups. It worked great yesterday. I always shoot with a cool barrel.
It’s a controversial topic but Lead Sleds may cause damage to rifle scope components. With 338 level recoil seems like a possible explanation.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon_G
Back