My list is pretty weak….

.270 Win in a Winchester Model 70
7mm Rem Mag in a Browning A Bolt Medallion
7mm Rem Mag in a Weatherby Vanguard
30-06 in a Weatherby Vanguard
300 Roy in a Weatherby Mark V (x2)
.22 in a Marlin bolt action

In chronogical order:

WWII Springfield 30-06 my dad fixed up - gifted to me 1964.
in the case.jpg
40-60 Marlin Model 1881 - purchased for $75 circa 1970.
Marlin2.JPG
30-06 Model 760 Remington - gifted to me 1996 from Dad. Grandad bought it for him shortly after I was born 1952.
760 deer rifle.jpg
404 Jeffery I built on a circa WWII Brno vz.24 8mm 98 Mauser action April-August 2023. Just over $2K.
20240420_112851.jpg
I hunt with all of them but the Marlin.

I dont even want to list them. Lets says I have a few, but could be more. Still a few wants out there still. Definitely dont shoot them all.

6 or 7 different rimfire 22’s
5 AR 223’s
1 AR 224 Valkyrie
2 AR blanks
22-250 Savage 12FV
243 Ruger American
6.5 CM Savage
308 Savage
7-08 Howa
30-06 from Grandpa ( need some info one day on this)
300prc CA

Feel like I’m missing a few…

So far I have felt bad for any Ive sold.

40 some years ago I got started like many. I used my semi auto shotgun for everything.
A bag full of bird shot, turkey shot and some slugs. I could barely afford the gas to get to and around the woods.

At that time the lack of finances drove equipment purchases with many want and needs and little cash to satisfy them. Fortunately there was no internet at the time
to let me know how sorry my set up was.

Next came a marlin 30/30 I bought at Service Merchandise for $125. Someone had unwittingly purchased it for their kid as a plinking gun and returned it when they learned a 22 might be better. I watched it get marketed down from $175 to $150 $10 a week. When it got down to 150 I told the manager I would take if he would sell it for $125. He said he would but no return privilege. So I bought it. I was in the centerfire hunting business.

A few years later came my first bolt gun. A like new ruger tanger in 30-06 with a tasco
Scope. I bought it from my brother for $100. He got it as boot in a car deal , had no use for it and needed the $100 to take out a girl he just met. Holy smokes I was in high cotton.

I quickly upgraded the scope for $100 Bushnell Trophy 3-9. At least I could see out it as that old tasco was really crap. Even I knew that with my limited knowledge.

I used that ruger for 2 decades and killed hundreds of game animals. Then came internet and I discovered to my dismay that my rifle was not up to the task. But by then finances were no longer a barrier between wants and needs. I found myself with more money than sense and smack dab in the middle of the magnum craze.

So with my new found knowledge and full bank account my next purchase was
Two Weatherby rifles, a Deluxe in 300 wby and a Accumark in 270 wby.
And of course two swaro scopes. It didnt take long to realize that those rifles were too much for hunting whitetails in Alabama and hogs in Florida.

I went back to my old ruger 30-06 for a year. Then on to a Remington 700 xcr 2 in 270 w. Eventually purchasing a MRC x2 in 7mm08 which I still use today as my primary deer rifle.

At 62 it is likely I will finish out with the 7mm08 and the 270.
I still have every rifle I ever purchased.

Back