Small backpacking radio

Flatlander3

Does anyone have recommendations for a long lasting backpacking radio to turn on in the evenings?

I call it natures tunes!

But there are a few, small, light weight crank options if you really want radio that bad. I’ve never had the desire for music or podcasts or anything like that when out in the woods. It’s the reprieve and the break I need from city life

I’ve considered doing this as well. If nothing else it’s fun to mess around and see what you can pick up out in the boonies.

I’ve had some fun surfing through a little portable world band radio when car camping. A little unwieldy for the backcountry though.

I call it natures tunes!

But there are a few, small, light weight crank options if you really want radio that bad. I’ve never had the desire for music or podcasts or anything like that when out in the woods.
I got stuck out in the Missouri Breaks during some bad weather on an elk hunt. Just me alone in my tent. For over two days. An AM radio and a book saved me. mtmuley

Take a look at the CC Pocket by CC Crane. It’s small and good on batteries. I have used for the past few years in the backcountry. Has weather bands too. Also locks so it can’t turn on and drain batteries inadvertently.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back