Caribou Gear

RCBS Press

Cammy

I have been on the hunt for an RCBS press for the past couple months. I think I want a Rock Chucker but see several other single stage presses out there. For loading one caliber (.270) does the press type matter? Will a Rebel or Partner press from RCBS do everything I need to do?

I have been on the hunt for an RCBS press for the past couple months. I think I want a Rock Chucker but see several other single stage presses out there. For loading one caliber (.270) does the press type matter? Will a Rebel or Partner press from RCBS do everything I need to do?
When I buy a second press, it’ll be a rock chucker. I was looking at one for 30-06, 270, 7 mag and 300 WBY. They will all work from what I seen.

I have 2 presses. One is the Rock Chucker and the other a Hornady progressive. I have thought about a second press a few times for various reasons to have 2 of them set up. If I find a deal on one it will be another Rock Chucker.

Seen lots of used rockchuckers for sale out there.

I really like mine. Its tight and feels like you are actually doing something when you use it. Works great for me. I would save up and get you one of them.

I have always used the RCBS Rockchuckers but my son-in-law recently bought a Lee Classic Cast press and I was truly impressed by the strength and quality of that press.

Bass Pro has a Rock Chucker for $189.00. Was hoping to buy a used press though.

I have a Cabela's card that gives me points when I borrow their money for 30 days. Most of the stuff I get from them now they give me for free. Don't tell Dave Ramsy I use a credit card. LOL!

I started with a rock chucker decades ago. Now have a Lee classic cast and a Lyman turret. The turret is my favorite by far because I have my two most used sets of dies always ready to go. Much more convenient than the Lee hand press I used back in my apartment days.

I've made loads capable of tiny groups with all of them. I bought that Lyman used for cheap. That's what I'd get now if starting over.

I think the Rock Chucker is the old faithful of presses. If I was looking for another press I would take a look at the Forester CO-AX.
You won’t regret the Co-Ax. It’s a great press. I’ve bought a handful of used rockchuckers at this point and always pass on that deal to someone else. My Co-Ax won’t ever leave my bench.

My rock chucker has been a great press i reload anything from 223 to 338 norma mag!

I went from a lee press. To a Rock Chucker 2. Never needed another press. I have loaded 7mm mag , 300 win, 300 wby and 45/70.

In spite of reloading for the past 35+ years…the RockChucker still has a place on my bench.

Sure, my T-7 does the bulk of my work anymore…and my Hornady Pro-jector is still set up for 9mm for bulk loading…

And yet, somehow, every few months the Chucker gets pulled out for that one-off project…

They just plain work.

I have a Rock Chucker, and when I went to forming brass (8mm-.257 STW) got a Redding for no reason. RC would have done it fine.

Started on Dad's old Rock Chucker.
I have since upgraded to a Dillon 550, but I'm back in the market for another single stage.
It will be another Rock Chucker package for sure.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back