MT Mountain Goat outer layer suggestions wanted

HuntMT16

I drew a Mountain Goat tag for southern Montana. Overall I have good quality equipment (Boots, pack, optics, etc). While I have quality base layers (under armor 3.0 and 4.0) I have always skimped on my outer layers. The outer layers I have are typical Wal-mart quality which has always worked fine for day hunts from the house or camp, and even some 4-5 day back country elk hunts, but this hunt is different. While I am still in the very initial planning stages, I am looking at packing into camp about 17 miles while camping around 8,000' and expecting to be hunting around the 10,000' area.

I am looking for some suggestions on good outer layers for this hunt. I want something that is wind and water resistant at least, and obviously something that is warm. I plan to buy a couple pairs of pants, a couple shirts and a jacket. Camo pattern is not super important to me, as long as it is camouflage enough to break up the pattern and outline of me. I don't have it in my budget for Sitka gear, but I do want something that is quality. It doesn't have to be totally water proof, I have rain gear I can put on if it's raining hard, I just want something that is going to keep me dry in a light rain or snow and something that will keep me warm when worn with my base layers. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back