Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Montana S/G/M results 2024

I just emailed the Department with a question as to why the draw summaries show 10 ram tags drawn in Unit 680 and 5 in Unit 622, when the regs called for 25 and 10, respectively.

Maybe I missed something at the Commission level. Or am I reading the draw summaries incorrectly?

622 summary
Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 3.24.00 PM.png

680 summary
Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 3.23.49 PM.png

I just emailed the Department with a question as to why the draw summaries show 10 ram tags drawn in Unit 680 and 5 in Unit 622, when the regs called for 25 and 10, respectively.

Maybe I missed something at the Commission level. Or am I reading the draw summaries incorrectly?

622 summary
View attachment 326371

680 summary
View attachment 326370
My buddy drew the 680-20 and also told me there was 25. He was surprised/excited to see only 10 successful. I will be interested in what you hear back.

edit to add: my buddy said he talked to the local GW and he stated the numbers were slightly down.

Last edited:

622 summary
View attachment 326371

680 summary
View attachment 326370
Also curious as to why they issued 3 tags in both 301 and 302 when the quotas in the proclamation are 5 and 6 respectively. Less permits were issued in 100 and 123 too now that I look closer.

Last edited:

622 summary
View attachment 326371

680 summary
View attachment 326370
There’s a quota range in the regs so it can be anywhere in that range. It’s subject to change. With antelope it happens a lot. That’s my guess anyways. 100 was supposed to have 5 and only drew 3. It just has to be in the range and it’s prob the biologists discretion

I have the tag, wasn't taking chances, my praise for the FWP only goes so far.
I paid for my tag last year (680-31, unit where they drew 40 permits instead of 30) and asked FWP to print it. Pretty sure it was in the mail before they caught the error. I still wonder if my promptness is the reason I got to keep it...

I paid for my tag last year (680-31, unit where they drew 40 permits instead of 30) and asked FWP to print it. Pretty sure it was in the mail before they caught the error. I still wonder if my promptness is the reason I got to keep it...
Did you fill it?

Did you fill it?

Reactions: DFS
Did you fill it?
See the following threads if you want the story in all its bare glory:

https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/dear-missouri-breaks-im-ready-for-ewe.321001/

https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/oh-no-ewe-arent-humbled-by-the-breaks.321918/

To clarify a bit, the sequence of events was as follows:

1. I was notified that I drew the tag.
2. I logged right on and paid. I chose "FWP Print" for the tag option.
3. I got an email from FWP that essentially said, "oops, we drew too many tags, hang on." I can't remember the exact timing, maybe a day or two after results were released.
4. I spent a sleepless night wondering if my draw was legit.
5. I got an email the next day telling me that my draw was, indeed, successful.
6. Tag arrived in the mail a day or two later.

So, it appears that all was on the up-and-up and that my draw was legit. That being said, I've wondered about a possible scenario in the FWP office where I didn't actually draw in the top 30, but because they already mailed the tag, they gave it to me instead of the next guy. Probably a silly thought... I'm sure they'd have no trouble cancelling the permit.

Reactions: DFS

622 summary
View attachment 326371

680 summary
View attachment 326370
Can they not adjust msg permits like they do for cow permits within the quota range prior to the draw? I know a few times they have done that for cow elk permits.

Back