PEAX Equipment

Mobile hunting camp

I’ve done 3 nights now in the new topper , South Dakota and Miles City..

The first time in South Dakota, I didn’t pop one of the vents at the top and got some condensation but was warm and toasty and I did two nights in miles city for the Buck horse sale and rodeo and did open a couple of vents
and was warm and toasty and got no condensation

I’ve got my charging station and solar panel ready and installed my light tube today through the frame, but have yet to hook it up to the charging station. That’ll be next in a couple weeks in kaycee Wyoming.

Black Hills in DeadWood South Dakota
IMG_9510.jpeg
IMG_6917.jpeg

Been using a small kitchen step stool for getting in the sleeper , probably just use a cooler during hunting season for less clutter in the bed

IMG_6923.jpegIMG_6922.jpeg

Miles City
IMG_6971.jpeg

The Ecoflow River 2 Pro and 220 watt solar panel

IMG_7013.jpegIMG_7025.jpegIMG_7027.jpeg

Light bar is in , 18 ft generic tube light ran it through the topper frame
IMG_7047.jpeg

I've been trying to find a picture of what the bed looks like. Looks like basically a cot? I was wondering since they say you can stand up in it. I was wondering how a person sleeps.
When the tent is up, you go underneath and you take out the two panels that look like waffles and hang them on the inside of the truck then you stand up and that white roof is two parts you push the back half over onto the top of your truck and fold your air mattress over and then when you wanna sleep, you pull it back pull your air mattress down and fill up that air mattress

IMG_7076.jpeg

In this picture, the back half of the sleeping platform is pushed forward over the cab of the truckIMG_6970.jpeg

I've been trying to find a picture of what the bed looks like. Looks like basically a cot? I was wondering since they say you can stand up in it. I was wondering how a person sleeps.
I’m headed to a ranch this weekend in Wyoming to help brand cattle so when I get it set up, I’ll take some pictures and post it what the bed looks like

My wife and I have been considering getting a compact camper set up for a while. The 4 wheel project M is my top contender, but I hadn’t heard of the super pacific x-1 before.

@Little Big Man MT Chris Had you looked into the Project M as well, and if so what made you opt for the X-1 instead?

To each their own, but looks like a pain in the rear sleeping up on top like that.
Not real handy when you have to pee in middle of the night.

My buddy tried one for a while and pretty quickly unloaded it for this reason.

My wife and I have been considering getting a compact camper set up for a while. The 4 wheel project M is my top contender, but I hadn’t heard of the super pacific x-1 before.

@Little Big Man MT Chris Had you looked into the Project M as well, and if so what made you opt for the X-1 instead?
Hadn’t heard of the project M , I’d started looking into the X1 on a tip from a close friend, I looked at similar models , but felt the X1 had the best tent material, I also have a small truck and those toppers only weigh 340 pounds, which is something else I liked

To each their own, but looks like a pain in the rear sleeping up on top like that.
Not real handy when you have to pee in middle of the night.

My buddy tried one for a while and pretty quickly unloaded it for this reason.
Haven’t had to get up in the middle of the night yet , but also I’m 5’7” and 167 lb and still agile even though I’m mid 50’s

A bigger framed man I could see the difficulty

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back