Fletching of a different type!

Forkyfinder

Curious if anyone has tried any of the one piece slide on vanes, see links below. I am leaning towards easyvanes but wanted feedback from the HT community.

It'd be a nice system to have spares hunting, get a consistent true helical, and be able to spine index the arrow repeatedly all without a jig or special tools.

For pure simplicity, ease of installation and cost, I've found the NAP Quickfletches hard to beat. Just get your water hot enough before dunking.

Interesting idea, I feel like I have a hard enough time finding my arrow, finding a little plastic fletching would be pretty tough but I could also see where it might be easier assuming you get a full pass through. Seems like a lot of arrows hit bone and break in half.

Think I am gonna try the easyvanes and report back. I have a feeling a more permanent install with glue would be easier to keep together - especially with temperature changes.

For pure simplicity, ease of installation and cost, I've found the NAP Quickfletches hard to beat. Just get your water hot enough before dunking.
I dont hate that idea - but the problem is there's no helical with those.

I'd like to try a helical after dealing with some erratic broadhead flight.

The Quickspins have just the slightest amount of offset and have a raised heel at the back of the vane to initiate spin. I've found them to be fine but, candidly, have not toyed around with a lot of different fletchings.

Curious if anyone has tried any of the one piece slide on vanes, see links below. I am leaning towards easyvanes but wanted feedback from the HT community.

It'd be a nice system to have spares hunting, get a consistent true helical, and be able to spine index the arrow repeatedly all without a jig or special tools.
Years ago when these first came out, there were lots of posts on Archery Talk about FOBS. They shot very well for lots of folks.

Think I am gonna try the easyvanes and report back. I have a feeling a more permanent install with glue would be easier to keep together - especially with temperature changes.
Got a range report for us yet? Starting to look at arrow setups for a new bow I have on order and was considering these.

I was considering the easy vanes as well, curious if you’ve shot them yet. Still might try them down the road.

When I penciled out the cost of the easy vane build versus an online arrow builder who custom builds them with any vane and any configuration you want, it was actually just cheaper to have that company build them. I’ve bought 4 dozen from them so far if you’re interested in that route as well. They do a 3-degree offset helical with any vane you want. You’ll definitely see benefits with the helical.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back