Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

'Yotes: What to do with carcusses when pelts have little value?

It would seem some people don't know or care. I just saw where some were discussing using them as bear bait, but what if you aren't a bear hunter, etc. What is considered 'ethical'?

Wyoming Hunters Angry Over Pile Of Coyote Carcasses Dumped In Public
Wyoming hunters are reacting with anger over whoever left a pile of dead coyotes along a road to a popular recreation area near Rock Springs. They say it undercuts the importance of ethical predator control.

PS - Never shot a 'yote. The question is asked in earnest, as I don't know the answer.
Why not just not shoot'em?

If you know anyone with beetles for skull cleaning they are often looking for dead critters to keep their bugs alive in the off seasons.

A hunt club I'm in has a designated spot to dump carcasses. Most hogs and all coyotes are dumped there.

I encourage people to wantonly kill and waste any predators of turkeys.

Another property I have access to is managed by a rule requiring the consumption of anything killed. The place is overrun by hogs and coyotes to the exclusion of deer and turkeys. You will see a coyote there any night and will see a hog if you put in a little effort. Deer, usually not. Turkeys, never. I live nearby and kill several deer every year on my property.

Last edited:
Probably a great time to buy if you can vacuum pack and freeze them after drying. Could you imagine a freezer full of prime western heavy coyote you payed $5 to $15 for.

I usually hunt them on our family ranch, so really doesn't matter where we leave them. Usually out of sight though and the eagles seem to like them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back