WY draw results elk 2024

Really? I can think of more than a few reasons why some would just be happy they are hunting elk and hunting them in 100.
No I do get it, been there and done it on the type 1 tag. It's no doubt a very cool experience. However burning over a decade of points on a raghorn tag seems a bit off or even making it your first choice to hit in the random and use up whatever points you have. If you want to experience that cool unique area to hunt elk, I'd highly recommend that you focus instead on the cow tags offered there. Solid option for your app when you are in that 0-3 point range.

So you're the rascal who stole my tag! 😜

Congrats, should be a fun one. Do you think you drew it with points or in random? I'm sure I didn't have the points for it.

So you're the rascal who stole my tag! 😜

Congrats, should be a fun one. Do you think you drew it with points or in random? I'm sure I didn't have the points for it.
Not random draw, I used 15 points to get the tag. It could have been overkill but it's the terrain and numbers that I was looking at, mostly terrain. I'll be 68 for the hunt and this unit fits me perfectly. Hope you get yours next year. Take care.

No I do get it, been there and done it on the type 1 tag. It's no doubt a very cool experience. However burning over a decade of points on a raghorn tag seems a bit off or even making it your first choice to hit in the random and use up whatever points you have. If you want to experience that cool unique area to hunt elk, I'd highly recommend that you focus instead on the cow tags offered there. Solid option for your app when you are in that 0-3 point range.
It might seem a bit off to you, but again many out there might just want the experience and to drop a bull, no matter what size. No use projecting your ideas and values on someone else when they might know exactly what they want and don't care it uses their points. Those type 2 tags we have in my part of the state have offered a lot of bull hunting opportunity, that didn't exist before, with many happy faces in pics with raghorn and better bulls.

Need help. I thought I did it right, got hosed. NR LE elk unit. Total tags for 2024 were listed at >100. Historically 22-16 NR LE tags available. Had 3 points more than I thought I needed. Only 3 NR tags were given out. How the hell did that happen? What did I miss? Where would I get the info to know ahead of time that only 3 NR tags would be given out?

Those type 2 tags we have in my part of the state
Big difference in the draw for that tag though:
1715882061833.png

A lot of people (there were 11 last year) google search and find the hunt recap from when my wife had the unit 100 tag and then they PM asking about the 100-2 tag that they drew. They almost all ask about the part that says its valid for "any bull". They aren't asking about where to find the raghorns.

Need help. I thought I did it right, got hosed. NR LE elk unit. Total tags for 2024 were listed at >100. Historically 22-16 NR LE tags available. Had 3 points more than I thought I needed. Only 3 NR tags were given out. How the hell did that happen? What did I miss? Where would I get the info to know ahead of time that only 3 NR tags would be given out?

3 is about right

16% of 100
those 16 go thru the LO draw
what's left is split 60/40
60 is split 75/25
40 is split 75/25
what's left from the 40 is allocated to the 60 and re split 75/25

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member