NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Well, it's not good. Not religious but prayers are welcomed.

I'll echo all of the comments about hospice. My great grandfather and both of my grandfathers had hospice care at the end of their lives and the people were angels. Absolutely call them if you need to.

If you think her dose needs upped call them. If you need advice or are struggling with something call them.

This is a hard situation for anyone. Trust that you're doing your best and pray for peace.

Praying for you during this difficult time. Hospice was amazing for my mom when dad was dying of pancreatic cancer-hope you have the same experience.

Prayers sent Dave, I'm so sorry you have to go through this. You are an amazing man

Thinking about you and yours Dave, never an easy road.
Use hospice to the fullest that you can, my daughter was involved in that line of work for some time and I was just amazed at the compassion put forth by those folks. Working with them truly made her a better person. Prayers sent!

Wow Dave, like others have said, this was not the message I was expecting to hear. Hang in there. You truly are a caring example of dedication to anyone with a family. Prayers up for you and your family. Hang in there.

Feeling a little better today about how it will go. Thanks for the pep talk! I'll figure it out. Watched the lights last night and didn't get much sleep. Worth it, though! Haven't seen them for about 50 years. Still pretty cool. Time to get dressed and head out. On to the next chapter.

Prayers sent. I will echo you should strongly consider reaching out for help from people who have been a part of this journey before as they are special and know the answers to questions you may not even know to ask.

Feeling a little better today about how it will go. Thanks for the pep talk! I'll figure it out. Watched the lights last night and didn't get much sleep. Worth it, though! Haven't seen them for about 50 years. Still pretty cool. Time to get dressed and head out. On to the next chapter.
I do not intend this to sound morbid or insensitive. The difficult time you spend in helping her pass is preparation for what comes next. You get a kind of headstart on the inevitable grieving. Many in your situation feel strong relief when their loved one passes in hospice, less guilt.

Hospice has been a blessing with Mom. Hopefully you get a nurse as good as we got. They are there 24/7 to guide you thru it. When you think it’s time they will be there to help. Don’t hesitate to pick up the phone to call them.
We went through this with my dad because my mother and sisters didn't want him in hospice so the hospital sent him home with morphine and then we were just waiting.
Thankfully he passed peacefully in his sleep.
I don't know you Dave N but I certainly feel for you.

So sorry you're going through this, Dave. You have been through things I can't imagine, and have done so much for her. We're all here to support you in this difficult time.

Got her home and settled. Met with the hospice lady and got all of that lined up. Apparently she doesn't taste things like before. Tried 2 different things and she didn't like them. Used to love it. Not sure what that's about. Sucked down 4 sodas and a Gatorade and sounds like she has a belly ache. Go figure. Finally taking a nap. Youngest girl is here for the night and spending the day with us tomorrow. She was more alert this morning and said she was hungry. I wasn't sure what to do at that point and after some discussion with the doctor we carried on with the original plan. We'll see how much sleep I get tonight. I gave her some meds so she might have a little nap for now. 1 day almost down.

Got her home and settled. Met with the hospice lady and got all of that lined up. Apparently she doesn't taste things like before. Tried 2 different things and she didn't like them. Used to love it. Not sure what that's about. Sucked down 4 sodas and a Gatorade and sounds like she has a belly ache. Go figure. Finally taking a nap. Youngest girl is here for the night and spending the day with us tomorrow. She was more alert this morning and said she was hungry. I wasn't sure what to do at that point and after some discussion with the doctor we carried on with the original plan. We'll see how much sleep I get tonight. I gave her some meds so she might have a little nap for now. 1 day almost down.

Hang in there. We are all pulling for you.

Sounds like you’re back in it for the long haul. If she is eating and drinking she is rebounding back.

Praying for you Dave, I know it's tough and overwhelming. We just went through this 2 months ago with my mother in law, you are a great husband and an inspiration to us all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Failure2Adapt
Back