New Mexico Privatization. Nuthin like it

Or you get those guys that keep their unit wide ranch locked up during elk season and try to run all the hunters off.
What do you mean "locked up". I get there are ways they can harass hunters and elk of which is technically a crime and possibly punishable if turned in.

What do you mean "locked up". I get there are ways they can harass hunters and elk of which is technically a crime and possibly punishable if turned in.
Gates all locked on unit wide during hunting season and landowners running into elk hunters on their unit wide ranch elk hunting and trying to throw them off. Ya you can turn them in but the damage has already been done plus the unit I've drawn, its 40mins to cell service for me. So not even possible to get a game warden on it in a timely fashion. Plus am I going to be willing to take 2-3hrs out of my hunting time to go turn a guy in and track down a game warden? For me it's easier just to hunt public land🤷‍♂️ So I guess for me you can say it would be a me problem just as much as a them problem beings I wouldn't want to take the time to get the law involved.

Gates all locked on unit wide during hunting season and landowners running into elk hunters on their unit wide ranch elk hunting and trying to throw them off. Ya you can turn them in but the damage has already been done plus the unit I've drawn, its 40mins to cell service for me. So not even possible to get a game warden on it in a timely fashion. Plus am I going to be willing to take 2-3hrs out of my hunting time to go turn a guy in and track down a game warden? For me it's easier just to hunt public land🤷‍♂️ So I guess for me you can say it would be a me problem just as much as a them problem beings I wouldn't want to take the time to get the law involved.
I don't have a problem with them locking gates on roads that are established as their private roads. No different than having to hike a long ways on public to get to good spots. Hunter harassment is another story however. That I'm sure isn't a unique NM problem on private lands open to public. It is going to happen no matter where you are.

I don't have a problem with them locking gates on roads that are established as their private roads. No different than having to hike a long ways on public to get to good spots. Hunter harassment is another story however. That I'm sure isn't a unique NM problem on private lands open to public. It is going to happen no matter where you are.
That's true! I think there would be less of a problem if it was open gate property instead of being unit wide cause they want to sell unit wide tags off their place.

So I watched a Game Commish meeting from March19th (?),Silver City. YT, NMG&F.
New Commishion, finally a aquorum.
A loooooong meeting. I fast forwarded thru a bunch.

But, in it a full breakdown of how E-Plus works from the staff. Numbers,maps,etc...
Dozens waiting to speak at the end.
You can scroll to the presentations, speakers etc...
Lots of wolf talk , and e-plus.
Naysayers and proponents.
I knew several ranchers & a county commsioner who spoke. I am a member of the Western Landowners Alliance and a there was presentation speaker from them.

Even I was surprised at what I learned. Worth the trouble...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back