Montana S/G/M results 2024

Anyone know when fwp will release the data?

Gonna see how bad my odds really were. Seeing this thread (all of the posters with 20+ years and no tag) and my measly 5 msg points is a bit disappointing.

I drew a goat tag with 5 points and have known people that have drawn with less. You have a chance...

Buzz gets to have trollery and a sheep tag? Cake and eating it too...
Not hardly 😀. I’m at the top of the Utah points pyramid and decided this was the year to make my personal dream come true by cashing my 27 deer points for the Paunsagunt. I’ll be eating just fine ☺️. I planned ahead and now have points saved in preference based systems the next 5 years. Just gotta pick which OIL hunts I want. I need the luxury considering both my Achilles are torn. Ouch. Will shop for grampa units.

For gravy I was just notified I hit two grand slams on my local whitetail lotteries for peak rut hunts. Don’t worry you will never draw these.

Last edited:
I'm not going to criticize you anymore, I want everyone to take your awesome advice.
Just had a newbie smart enough to pick up the phone and call me last week. Educated him on the reality of ground floor entry in the UT & NV systems, including what .001 odds look like. He studied the odds and wisely opted to save his coin for his family. I steered him in more productive directions.

Last edited:
No love in my family....im 220 on the bison roster...pretty sure that's guaranteed not an to be an issue this fall.

I guess the 42nd year applying for sheep finally paid off for me.

What the hell, throw in my Dad's 3rd Montana moose tag for good measure.
I'm going to say it, u suck! u suck! u suck! I have no sympathy for u. I feel better now. Congrats! Can't wait for the stories.

Not hardly 😂 . I’m at the top of the Utah points pyramid and decided this was the year to make my personal dream come true by cashing my 27 deer points for the Paunsagunt. I’ll be eating just fine 😂. I planned ahead and now have points saved in preference based systems the next 5 years. Just gotta pick which OIL hunts I want. Nice luxury to have considering my two torn Achilles. Will shop for grampa units.

For gravy I was just notified I hit two grand slams on my 2nd home Illinois whitetail lotteries for peak rut hunts. On one I get to return to the property I scored a Booner 195 2/8” nontypical in 2021. Both are hidden gems I turned up by decades of scouting. Nobody knows about them.

Any chance we could look at the record book for a 195 2/8” non-typical killed in 2021 to narrow down the location a bit?

Standing in a bar minding my own business having a beer and I get a text from Buzz. Can’t read it because I’m old and blind and I hand it to the guy next to me and ask for help. @Big Fin says “It looks like Buzz drew a sheep permit”
Is that crew accepting apps for tag-alongs?

I don't have too many regrets, but perhaps my biggest one is taking a 10 year break from applying/buying points when I went to go get edjumacated. I should be at 22 points, but instead, I have 6. I honestly don't know if the advanced degrees were worth it.

I don't have too many regrets, but perhaps my biggest one is taking a 10 year break from applying/buying points when I went to go get edjumacated. I should be at 22 points, but instead, I have 6. I honestly don't know if the advanced degrees were worth it.
Elky, I don’t want to derail the thread but I’m pretty good at math and 22-6 does not equal 10….

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrturtle
Back