Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Bozeman: is it really that bad anymore?

In the past year I have noticed Bozeman residents are spilling over into Livingston. Lots of number 6 plates here all of a sudden. It will be interesting to see if they last. The pass can be rough in the winter. Also the number of people shore fishing along 89 heading south is incredible. I won't be surprised if they are shoulder to shoulder as the days get warmer. And the number of unfriendly dog walkers on every piece of accessible public land has increased ten fold. I have no issue with folks walking their dogs but do me solid and say hi as you walk by. The tenor around here has changed at a very rapid pace. And I've only been here for three years. Ya, I'm a transplant. But my family and I embraced the local culture. It's why we came here. Things like a simple wave to the oncoming vehicle on a quiet dirt road means the world to me. I hate to see it disappear.

It's not just Bozeman. It's everywhere. The growth is staggering.

Agree! Something needs to be done before people moving in blow out homeowners of past values.
Interesting, Busse. Good bump for his interest as Gov

"Kurt claims that over the last couple of years, his annual property taxes have soared from $895 to almost $8,000 — an increase of around 790% — which he says is like paying almost “$700 a month rent to the state to live in our own house.” The state has an Elderly Homeowner/Renter Tax Credit, and the maximum credit is $1,150"
This true?

So the guy Busse used to publicize this is full of chit? That's a MASSIVE jump... 790% increase???

Whatever. mtmuley
The same content shared earlier Yellowstone I found humorous though a constant for people rushing to MT - your response. Maybe you didn't catch the return volleyed humor. (or maybe you did. :) )

In the past year I have noticed Bozeman residents are spilling over into Livingston. Lots of number 6 plates here all of a sudden. It will be interesting to see if they last. The pass can be rough in the winter. Also the number of people shore fishing along 89 heading south is incredible. I won't be surprised if they are shoulder to shoulder as the days get warmer. And the number of unfriendly dog walkers on every piece of accessible public land has increased ten fold. I have no issue with folks walking their dogs but do me solid and say hi as you walk by. The tenor around here has changed at a very rapid pace. And I've only been here for three years. Ya, I'm a transplant. But my family and I embraced the local culture. It's why we came here. Things like a simple wave to the oncoming vehicle on a quiet dirt road means the world to me. I hate to see it disappear.

It's not just Bozeman. It's everywhere. The growth is staggering.
Locusts leave the land they have destroyed and look for more land to destroy.

Agree! Something needs to be done before people moving in blow out homeowners of past values.
Interesting, Busse. Good bump for his interest as Gov

This true?

So the guy Busse used to publicize this is full of chit? That's a MASSIVE jump... 790% increase???
Our house near C Falls went up 500% in 10 years. We bought a 10 acre parcel and built on it. It doubled from 2021 to 2023.

Other properties in Lake County (raw land) went up 300%. It's not right. They still have to pass bond levy to put a new roof on the high school. Or the students may have to do remote learning. Meanwhile our teachers and law enforcement do not have a pension benefit program. It's complete bullshit.

Our house near C Falls went up 500% in 10 years. We bought a 10 acre parcel and built on it. It doubled from 2021 to 2023.

Other properties in Lake County (raw land) went up 300%. It's not right. They still have to pass bond levy to put a new roof on the high school. Or the students may have to do remote learning. Meanwhile our teachers and law enforcement do not have a pension benefit program. It's complete bullshit.
Feel bad for Montana kids that want to stay. mtmuley

Belgrade, just west of Bozeman, is growing as fast, maybe faster, than Bozo. The school student population is burgeoning and a new elementary school is direly needed, but the recent bond levy failed, due to the recent escalation of property taxes, IMO. School financial needs are discriminated against as that is the only tax bill on which you may vote with a NO to school funding. If more money is needed for roads, weed control, snow plow trucks, county employee wage increases ... or whatever, the tax bill is just increased, with no voice and no way to object by the property tax payer.

The $1,150 tax rebate is a joke. It's a poor token of sympathy for the poor folk from Gov G and the legislature, Ds and Rs, as an acknowledgement that the property tax system has been fornicated to the point of putting poor Kurt on the street with his new sign that says, "Urban camping for life."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back