MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

2024 Garden!

Dug a couple holes in the mud and put in the tomato plants. Cut my daily supply of asparagus and saw a few more sprouting in the empty spots but I think I have a hole to fill next year. Damn ground squirrels last year dug a few holes and apparently killed some plants. I'll flag the ones that come up when I'm done picking and then next year fill in around them.

Got mine rototilled. Got my fur baby's radishes in. Our black pug just loves those. Gives her gas but the vet said OK as long as they don't otherwise bother her. She's been eating radishes since we got her and begs us to dig some up for her when they are ripe.

I took a shot and put zucchini seeds in. Figure of ole man Frost gets them, I just plant more. Got tons of those kinda seeds. LOL

Gonna put rest in around memorial day.

My daughter and I got most of ours in on Sunday. We still need to do beets, peppers, tomatoes, and watermelon as things warm up. Sweet corn rows will be staggered 10 days apart. A major bonus is that morels have been popping up all around the garden. Enough for a few feasts.

Attachments

• IMG_6271.jpeg
    IMG_6271.jpeg
    6.2 MB · Views: 4
Seeing the first signs of life from the asparagus crowns I planted a few weeks ago. Now I just need to be patient for a couple more years.

After checking in the garden we ate a quick meal and I told the kids to throw on their tick-treated clothes, we’re going turkey hunting. I popped up the blind and set out some decoys. An hour later two Toms appeared on the horizon. A half hour after that, only one left the decoys. They must have loved it because I got some extra big hugs at bedtime last night.

Attachments

• IMG_6301.jpeg
    IMG_6301.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6306.jpeg
    IMG_6306.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 9
Nothing pummeled by the rain and everything is shooting up. Beans are out-climbing the corn so I put a trellis up for them. They'll probably end up climbing to the porch too. If I do another 3 sisters bed next year then I'm going to stagger the planting and give the corn a head start. All the tomato plants have blossoms and some already have tomatoes formed. Sweet peppers are starting to form as well. Waiting for some squash blossoms to show up.20240509_165506.jpg20240509_165529.jpg20240509_165542.jpg20240509_165741.jpg

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back