PEAX Equipment

My 2024 Iowa season

duckhunt

I think this is a good time to start my new season.
Finally got on the ice last weekend. I guess everyone else had the same idea. Went to Lansing with my dad and a buddy from Wisconsin and found a whole bunch of other people.

20240127_092631.jpg
20240127_093757.jpg

I fished for about 3 hours only catching about 20 small gills. Dad and Jeff stayed out a couple more hours and had 18 keepers but also had to sort a bunch of smalls.

I left early to head up to Holeman marine to do some trading. If you read my posts in the past you should know that I've been fighting old junk motors I keep on my small boat at home. Well not anymore. Traded in a couple old 2 cycles for a newer 2008 4 stroke Yamaha 6 horse. Really looking forward to using this on the small rivers close to home.

20240128_095300.jpg

App season has begun so I will tell you my plans.
Put my two boys and a friend of theirs in for type 1 Wyoming antelope. I am in for a doe tag for the same unit. To be honest I really don't care if I draw or not, just thought I would put in because I am going with the boys anyway. Also planning a South Dakota pheasant , grouse, prairie chicken hunt with a work buddy. On top of that I will do my usual Iowa deer hunts and hopefully mix in some duck hunting that I haven't done for a few years now. I decided to wait on colorado elk since Wyoming and South Dakota will already burn up some time and money.

I think this is a good time to start my new season.
Finally got on the ice last weekend. I guess everyone else had the same idea. Went to Lansing with my dad and a buddy from Wisconsin and found a whole bunch of other people.

View attachment 313559
View attachment 313560

I fished for about 3 hours only catching about 20 small gills. Dad and Jeff stayed out a couple more hours and had 18 keepers but also had to sort a bunch of smalls.
I’ve drove by up there a couple times this week. Lots and lots of people!

It looks like you have some busy plans for 2024! Good luck with your adventures.

That’s a nice walleye! Looks like it’d be just under the slot limit! The big river has come up a couple feet since last week, that should make for even better fishing.

That’s a nice walleye! Looks like it’d be just under the slot limit! The big river has come up a couple feet since last week, that should make for even better fishing.

Walleye was 19.5 and sauger was 15.75. I was happy with that because since the slot was put in place everything I catch is usually under 15 or over 20.

Been really busy lately so haven't done any outdoor activities lately but did check Wyoming results this morning. My boys and their buddy drew type 1 antelope tags, and I struck out on my doe tag.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTStrauch
Back