WTB weatherby vanguard aftermarket stock

brockel

Looking for an aftermarket weatherby vanguard long action sporter barrel contour stock. Let me know what you have

I have my 257 glass bedded. The stock is very nice and rifle shoots great. I added the same stock to my 300 WAM and my son’s 7mm-08. I have been very happy with them.

The are pretty simple bolt and play. I had one glass bedded by gun smith and two that are not. They all shoot great.

Question - I have the Vanguard 2 300 Win that is NOT free-floated. I had a gunsmith friend who had one who took the time to free float the factory stock and his accuracy fell apart. Those of you using the B&C stocks, do you have before and after range reports?

I love mine, but while the accuracy is more than good enough, it has not been eye-popping good. I was able to get a 15/16 group (upholding their 1MOA guarantee), but it was after I tried about 8 other factory loads. Many loads were well over 2 MOA. I was also frustrated by how particular it was on the ammo. While the 165 Barnes TTSX will shoot right at an inch, the 180 is close to 2.5 MOA.

I moved my vanguard 2 from factory to H&S Precision aftermarket free floated and the accuracy is outstanding. FWIW, I like my B&C stocks on my tikkas, but prefer the H&S Precision (but they didn't have tikka variants when I was shopping).

Tell me fellas, are the B&C/HS Precisions as functionally disparate from Manners/Mickey as the price and wait time might suggest? Serious question.

Tell me fellas, are the B&C/HS Precisions as functionally disparate from Manners/Mickey as the price and wait time might suggest? Serious question.
I have two B&Cs that I really like, and I will hopefully be able to answer your question in a few more months when the McMillan I ordered for my Sako Finnlite shows up. It’s been a long wait...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon_G
Back