Yeti GOBOX Collection

drop shotting?

DELW I am not familar with that term.If your talikng about flipping,yes I do that often.

If not explain what it is so I can try it
smile.gif

shane, dropping shotting is where you fish a worm lizzard or many other plastics anywhere from 6"-36" above the bottom of the lake. However the way you rig it is to tie a bell sinker on the bottom of your line. and 6"-36 above the bell sinker you tie a hook using a polomar knot. You let the weight fall to the bottom, and give a little slack in the line. then move the slack only and your bait will do some amazing things.

I belive they use this to catch suspended fish.

Its the thing to do here in AZ and its been working with good results. but it takes alot of practice to get good at.Most of the times you dont feel the bite and when you pull up theres pressure.

Delw

Okay I know what your talking about now,we always called it ''Floating the worm''

Another unpopular way that works but you will get strange looks is too use a small round plastic bobber and let the worm hang behind it as far as you want.Use a small split shot for the weight at the head of the worm.Ypu can use a pop-pop retrieve or what ever.You would be suprized at how many Bass will tear it up,not to mention the ocasional strike at the bobber.

Shane I will have to try that way once.
we fish the drop shot any where from 75 feet deep to 1 foot deep..

Delw

delw, sounds kinda like an inverted "carolina rig" ! is the lure between the rod tip and weight or is the lure behind the weight ???

we use a carolins rig often, do you guys use this as well???

------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

DKO, thats exactly what it looks like. the weight is on the bottom and the bait is 6" and higher. However you tie the hook directly to the main line useing a polomar knot. Heres a web site that will explain it (also has pics)
this web site is just the polomar knot

http://camalott.com/~striper/bait/knots/knots.html

This web site has all knots

http://camalott.com/~striper/bait/knots/knots.html

this one is the whole set-up in detail

http://www.iovino.com/dropdiag.html

hope this helps. One important thing is make sure that hook is point up. If not you will loose lots of fish about 99% of them. Also when you get a bit wait 1-2 seconds then reel in you line..DONT set the hook.

If there is anyway i could help ya let me know. You guys back east should try this befor it catches on with everyone.

Delw

thanks delw, cant wait to try it!!!!!! sounds like a winner !!!!

i havent given up on the tourneys yet , to fish the "gov. cup classic" you have to place in the top 25 for at least 4 of 8 tournaments, we always get the invitation to fish the classic it just falls the same time we go north to hunt! never fails! and we can never devote prefish time and the things we normally do for big tourneys! oh well maybe one day the sun will shine on us!!!! like they say even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and again!!

shane, ive never fished the smaller tourneys gonna have to give it a try sometime!!! butler sounds fun! is it open to anyone or are they club tourneys????

------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

I fished two tourney clubs on the Butler Chain,One was a Orlando Utilities Club only and the other was anybody with a boat.There was guy that fished out of a 12ft Jon Boat and trolling Motor,he placed every time.Right now the water is so low I can't put my boat in there.

I have a fished one big tourney on the Harris chain.The small tourneys are fun and they usually only cost like $20-$40 to enter.The purse is usaully a little more than what the entry fee's brought in.Not big money but alot of fun.It has been 3-4 years since I fished any tournaments.

shane, the big trails are alot of fun with some pretty good payouts the wolfsons in palatka on the st.johns river is a good one to do 10,000 first prize!! also fishermen get a chance at a new fully rigged champion bass boat or flats boat! maybe we can do a big tourney together sometime!!!! the trail i was fishing was alot of fun because most of the same guys would fish all the tournaments so you kinda get to know who everyone is, its pretty cool!!! right now i dont have a boat that will compete (mine is in TENN.) so i usually pay the entry fees, if your interested in the bigger tourneys lemme know!

------------------
fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

shane, dko
why dont you guys take your wifes to las vegas and we can do some fishing on mead. My wife and I goto laughlin alot . so maybe we could all get together sometime.

otherwise I will have to wait about 5 years befor I can make it to fla.

Delw

DKO let me know ahead of time and we can make arrangements.I still want to get on lake Toho some day.

we just need to do some fishing soon,I don't care where as long as the ramp has water on it.

DElW it might be five years before I can get out to Vegas!!

I would love to that though.I have a friend liveing there now begging me to come out there.In time I will be able to travel further than the next town for fun
smile.gif
If you ever do get down here let me know.

But if you think that is bad,DKO and I live about 5-6 miles apart as the crow flies and we haven't met eye to eye yet.

[This message has been edited by ShaneFl'06 (edited 01-30-2001).]

delw, sounds great i would love to fish lake mead , i was there 2 years ago at echo bay marina !! i rented a camper and it broke down on us, so i made them buy me a night at echo bay resort on the lake. I saw a ton of pleasure boaters but not many fishermen, i would imagine you dont launch at such crowded place or do you? The water is alot different than what we are used to here,it looked real clean,clear and deep, the exact opposite of what we have!! i remember boat races on the lake the weekend we were there do they do that alot??

delw,I will deffinetly look you up the next time im in vegas ,mead is so close, thanks for the invite!!

the bass fishing here is getting better every day in my opinion, so keep the fla. plan alive and look me up for sure!!

------------------
fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

shane: I know how that is big D lives about 5 doors down and behind my house and I have never met him yet either.

dko: I launch on the sandy washes. those boat ramps can take up to 4 hours to load a boat there on the weekend. the fishing on mead is good but you dont catch the 4-5 lbers very often. And sometimes you dont catch anything. mead is a tough lake. on summer nights with the right bait you can catch up to 100 fish a night. I have a few friends that fish there all year. one of them goes to where the colorado river comes in. he says the fishing there is the best.

Delw

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dtownsend
Back